AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a one point ding last week for a marketplace rule violation. They never explained what it was. I responded by stating I was confused and what exactly did I do? Upon reviewing the marketplace rules, I THINK I know what it may have been, but have yet to get any verification from anyone. Would be nice to know for sure so I don't make the same mistake again.
Anyone of you guys ever have a similar situation and did you ever get a response to any inquiry?:confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I heard back from staff within a few hours of sending a message for the same reason you got dinged. Their response was clear; ‘don't reply anything in the ad body besides ‘I’ll take it’, communicate with the seller/buyer through PM’. It makes sense since responding in the ad with ‘PM sent’ bumped the ad, and their classified forum moves really fast.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Did you create a ticket, or did you PM a mod?

You can always PM the moderator " bigrog210 " with any questions or concerns.
That's me and i stay pretty active and have no problem answering questions or helping out.
I do appreciate this offer. A certain admin yonder doesn't like me much, so it'd be nice to have a go-to POC.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got a one point ding last week for a marketplace rule violation. They never explained what it was. I responded by stating I was confused and what exactly did I do? Upon reviewing the marketplace rules, I THINK I know what it may have been, but have yet to get any verification from anyone. Would be nice to know for sure so I don't make the same mistake again.
Anyone of you guys ever have a similar situation and did you ever get a response to any inquiry?:confused:
They gave me a strike for commenting on a want to buy thinking it was a want to sell. Once I clarified this mod did not take the strike away anyways

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
They drop off after 3 months and don't really mean much except as a way for Mods to keep track of members who continually break the rules.
the whole system seems ignorant , kind of a "No Soup for YOU!!!!" attitude over arbitral offenses

but on the other hand go look at the trade pages over at the National Gun Forum , go down the list of entries its one locked thread after another ,talk about a bunch of turd munchers

·
Registered
621 Posts
I got a ding for reply to my WTS thread when the new Form started. I thought I was replying to a pm, but it was the posting on the sales thread. Simple mistake with a new format. Nails got right back to me and he did say the point would fall off. I get why they do it as there are regular violations from guys that have never read the MP Rules.
Glad they got BigRog210 and other new mods to help out.

·
Registered
700 Posts
If they made it so no one could post in marketplace threads but the OP, 99% of the "violations" and bans would go away. Posting in those threads serves no real purpose. Sellers are NOT required to sell to the person with first dibs, so it's really just theater and an excuse to ban people. Just lock out all posts and use PMs.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If they made it so no one could post in marketplace threads but the OP, 99% of the "violations" and bans would go away. Posting in those threads serves no real purpose. Sellers are NOT required to sell to the person with first dibs, so it's really just theater and an excuse to ban people. Just lock out all posts and use PMs.
what the hell are you doing speaking common sense

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think the intent is to allow sellers to do business with whoever posts the first "I'll take it." I know the sellers do not have to honor this, but I've never seen it happen. I do not think they penalize a prospective buyers from asking questions. But it is to discourage a conversation in the thread. It is usually an item that is cross posted and sold where a buyer might feel slighted. I try to update my ad immediately, even before I ever reply to the buyer, and still there are times when an item shows some in stock but there are none.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts