AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use this AK Universal Underfolding Trunnion that is sold by tnguns.com?
If so, how did it work out?
I was thinking of using it with a Romy underfolding stock for my M10-22 build.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've never used one, but I think success would largely depend on your skill level milling out the required holes and slots in the correct places.

·
Technical Advisor
16,104 Posts
That is a rear trunnion for a Bulgarian SSR85c. A hybrid single stack import with a thumbhole rear stock. It is for a 1.5mm receiver vs a standard 1mm., it would need shims to be used in a standard euro receiver. The rivet pattern is AKM IIRC.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I remember someone buying a MAK-90 with one of these and an under folder stock on it with the tang still attached. Someone claimed it was Chinese fix for the UF sitting on the dock when the 89 ban happened. Supposedly they replaced the rear trunnion on the under folders with these and installed a thumbhole that covered the holes left in the receiver from the under folder. Can't verify this, it's just what I was told.

·
Technical Advisor
16,104 Posts
It is a Bulgarian SSR85c rear block. Nothing to do with Chinese firearms. Someone may have installed one on a Chinese rifle at some point. It will fit as the Chinese s 1.5mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts