AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while I just get so sick of trying to find that rare part, the newest thing, that super rare piece I dont have. I seems like I always find that part when I have no fun money. I find my self offten just wanting to say fuck it an sell the whole collection.

Am I the only one that has felt this way?

ETA: It seems like it never ends. I throw dollar after dollar. And in the end when I get what I really want it seems like, well cool time to move on to the next project. It never ends. Maybe I would be happy if I sold it all and gave up on guns.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll go $150 can you give us a list of what I am buying!!

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
ark-and-spark said:
I find my self offten just wanting to say fuck it an sell the whole collection.

No.....................only you and my spouse.... :twisted: She tells me to sell the whole collection all the time...........I told her I had guns when I met her, and I will have guns when I divorce her....

We all have "Champagne Tastes on a Kool-Aid Budget" but you just have to balance what you need with what you can afford. I would have to say the biggest thing everyone should worry about now, are the parts kits....

Get what you can get and go from there.....

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
She tells me to sell the whole collection all the time...........I told her I had guns when I met her, and I will have guns when I divorce her....

That's cool. I like that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got to try ya know!!

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Ark, there have been many times over the say oh 15 years i have been collecting guns that i've said to hell with it. Me personally i have many hobbies, some much more expensive than gun collecting, but guns is more than just a hobby for me or just a collection, its a passion. In any field of collecting there are highs and lows and your just going through a low right now. My advice would be to slow the roll a little and reflect on what you have already, be content. Take your favorite firearm out and shoot it this weekend that will lift your spirits, it always works for me.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Hmmm. a few years ago that happened with my Saltwater Aquarium. It was incredible 150 gallons - 2 sump tanks in a backroom that held another 80 gallons. I grew and harvested rare corals. Then one day I said 'fuck it'. I sold it all (You just don't recoup money from that hobby like you would your gun collections) - I've regretted that poor choice for the last 2 years. What I'm saying is really think about it. Some of this stuff gets HARDER by the day to find. :wink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Umm.......no. I can definitely relate to finding that thingy I have always wanted for a killer price when there is no money. I recently opened up a secret account for myself using funds from "side" jobs that paid in ca$h- you know, siphon off a small amount for myself and stash it in the bank. I am up to over $500 now. It is really hard to not let it burn a hole in my wallet. God help my if the wifey ever finds out.

Sell off my collection?-NEVER!

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
ark-and-spark said:
I find my self offten just wanting to say fuck it an sell the whole collection.

No.....................only you and my spouse.... :twisted: She tells me to sell the whole collection all the time...........I told her I had guns when I met her, and I will have guns when I divorce her....
Owned :lol: :lol:

I have felt the same strains, but in a different way. I have no money, then I see something that is an excellent deal, and I know I could resell it for as much as $400 more than I bought it for. So I use that as justification for buying it. Then I never sell it. I want to get more mags for my PSL, get a new recoil spring and a buffer for my Mini-30, I want to "trick out" my Winchester 1300... but oh well, you win some and you lose some.

·
Registered
374 Posts
It is somehow comforting and scary to see how addicted
I am by hearing these posts.

It appears that quality and quantity are as important as
"whats next".

Oh well,it may damage the bank account,but a least the body
isn't taking the hit.

Plus aren't these a GOOD investment?

:roll:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
I have no money, then I see something that is an excellent deal, and I know I could resell it for as much as $400 more than I bought it for. So I use that as justification for buying it. Then I never sell it.

I am guilty of this as well!!! :smile:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Sometimes I feel like I should sell out and get another hobby..I mean, I've spent more money on ammo than I have guns....And then there's the, I need a hard top for the Jeep, but there is this great deal on a
SAS M-7..Well shit, that top don't look that bad I'll get one next year.... :wink:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I have on occasion entertained the idea of selling all of my AK variants to fund an NFA full-auto.

I have bought, sold, and traded many firearms and I don't have any regrets.

I have never considered saying "fuck it" and selling them all. I'd be miserable if I got rid of my firearms.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Never considered selling any of my guns!

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
I won't lie.... I have. Currently I have no where to shoot them. I have had more hobbies that I have given up cold turkey than I care to count. I currently own no possessions that I couldn't or wouldn't sell if I needed to.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts