AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A colleague just happened to pick this station up in his patrol vehicle today and told me it was a good show with a host that sounds like he knows what he's talking about. The station is an AM talk show out of California. The kicker is the host of this show sounds like he is completely different from mainstream media or talk shows, not to mention anything from CA. He sounds like he knows a little bit about military terminology, technology, missions, etc.

This weekends show (10/5) is called SEAL Team Raids where he discusses the latest SOF raids in Somalia and Libya. He also discusses the death of General Giap but I haven't gotten to that point yet. He also talks a little bit about the Kenyan mall siege in terms of the forces involved and allegations of possible looting from the responding forces. Definitely not things you would hear from CNN or Fox.

So far it has been pretty refreshing not to hear your usual loudmouth from either side of the political spectrum trying to act like there's a huge difference.

You can stream it from the website.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Part of the year I'm on the west coast for work, LA and San Francisco. I like KFI, I tend to view it as a sort of revolt against California's particular brand of Marxism.

For the uninitiated, Tim Conway, Jr. is a laugh-riot, he constantly refers to his time as a student in the LA school district as "survived serving time in the LAUSD youth detention center." Bill Handel is much the same owing to his blatant irreverence and wit, and John and Ken are the worst enemies the corrupt public workers' unions have out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts