AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lots of speculation for this, I'm sure. -kits drying up, folks holding on to parts for $$ appreciation, etc.

Perhaps it's just me but does anyone else remember this forum having a lot more frequent posts of AK items in the WTS section?

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
well once i get enough machines i am going to make an ALL usa ak. i plan to starting small with trunions and trigger gaurds etc,etc..... :dance:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
barrels or lack there of and the decline in the dollar are keeping parts out.

real shame. Our hobby has taken a hit. I while not speculating on parts am not selling any of my "rare" parts as they have become too expensive to replace. I do Know that certain companies are working on US made stuff and while that is great it is still going to be expensive. The world is changing
around us and we are in a unique position to see markets and politics interface and well our wallets will pay the price.

personally I have 5 builds left and 2 saiga conversions them Im selling all of my tools and getting into just shooting AKS.

(FWIW which is not much) I see us past the golden era of the AK hobby.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just got back from Las Vegas Thursday. They're all bitchin' business is slow out there too.........I don't think normal people have the jack to gamble much anymore. :neutral:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Im in the automotive repair world dont do it run companys that do it.
Down or dead even a few are up but there is no ryhme or reason to how bussiness goes from one day to next.
Everyone not just us AK folk are jumpy as hell about this election.Its like america is holding its breath until after it happens.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I blame this prick :twisted:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
The election, the economy, rumours of the economy, the ATF messing with the rules on our hobby, surplus ammo prices getting ridiculous, job outsourcing going on for years, illegal immigration, the war in Iraq, the war everywhere else..................it's all adding up to a general malaise (or worse).

Where's Ronald Reagan when you need him?!?!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
WEll when the post in the WTS sections start slowing down or drying up..that when we atleast need the Rec Room post to start increasing..got to compensate somehow..LOL...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fuckin' skeletor.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
or everyone is just broke :mrgreen: i have noticed it slowed down quite a bit
+1 just broke.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've been flogging my crap online since ~1995. In 13 years I can comment on one thing I've noticed: Things drop off dramatically in the summer and get better starting after Labor Day. Vacations, outdoor activities, & less time in front of the screen all contribute to it I believe. If it does not get better in the fall, that to me more than anything would indicate a tough economy. Heck, I live in a town of 13,000 and it seems empty right now.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
or everyone is just broke :mrgreen: i have noticed it slowed down quite a bit
Personally, I'm not broke but I've acquired just about all AK stuff I can use over the past few years. It's now time to use my spare time and money for remodeling projects on the house which I've neglected during this time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Lack of new kits really. I know it sounds like blasphemy, but I almost have all the AKs I want. I got an underfolder first, then I wanted a wood stock so I got a Yugo, then I wanted a 223, so I got an Arsenal, then an AMD65 just cause they are so cool looking, then a krink/5.45 so I got a Bulgarian. Now I just have to get my Russian Type 3 kit built and I'm pretty much set for AKs.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts