AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a fan of small framed pocket pistols, they're fun little guns. I just picked up this Seecamp today, look how big my 442 looks in comparison...

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I have a colt junior in 25acp, cute little fucker. Not much bang for the buck but it works and figure its a last resort weapon. Carries well in my pocket too and fairly accurate, I figure unload 5 or 6 25's into someones head is gonna work. With all that said I bought for curiosity and thats it, carried it maybe twice in 10 years. Small frame autoloaders are nice and compact but larger caliber compacts are not too much bigger these days so it's a moot point to carry them IMHO.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Templar said:
I remember when Seecamp's were running 20% above retail they were so much in demand.

Very nice little pistolas.
Yeah, they always seem to be backordered. Lots of dealers getting (or trying to) premiums on them. Right now, the only FFL I know of that has them in my state is a shop North of Boston.

I just put a mag of Gold dots through it, 100% :mrgreen: I may have to get another one before they sell out...

Not naming any names... but I compared my Seecamp to a similar pistol, and the quality of the Seecamp really stuck out.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MotorcityMan said:
I have a colt junior in 25acp, cute little fucker. Not much bang for the buck but it works and figure its a last resort weapon. Carries well in my pocket too and fairly accurate, I figure unload 5 or 6 25's into someones head is gonna work. With all that said I bought for curiosity and thats it, carried it maybe twice in 10 years. Small frame autoloaders are nice and compact but larger caliber compacts are not too much bigger these days so it's a moot point to carry them IMHO.
I totally agree... as a back up to my back up, yes, but not as a primary. I'm just a gun nut, single shot centerfire rifles, to muzzle loaders, to belt feds, I love them all. I try to stay practical but sometimes something like a 22 LR Bobcat comes along... and I NEED to buy it :goof:

Those Colt Jr's are nice. I have a few 25's myself... fun little guns.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I've got a Kel-Tec .32 and it's OK. Mostly a summer carry weapon.
One of my J Frames gives me a warmer fuzzy.
But the little Kel-Tec has never skipped a beat.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well, I'd bring up my Beretta M21 again but seeing Glock Holiday's already posted I know where that will lead.

:grin:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Rrotz said:
i have a pf9 that i carry

I also have one. It's my "carry to work" gun. It fits nicely in my front pocket with a pocket holster.

I have a couple other small guns. A Kel-Tec P-11, and stainless AMT Backup in .380. I had a Colt Pony years ago, but sold it in a moment of financial need. :sad:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lately I've been getting the urge to look for a Colt 1903 or 1908 Pocket Pistol. Oh well, at least I haven't gotten any episodes of Corvair mania this year!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I've got a Kahr CW9, and Kel-tec P3AT. I love em both, you can't beat a small revolver for reliability, but a small semi-auto is really easy to conceal, as a second gun.

Only gripe about the P3AT, magazine spring is too soft. I've had the mag pop out while pocket carrying. I wish it came with a heel release to be honest.

Small Semis FTW.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Robpiat said:
veprx4 said:
Zane Zackerly said:
I'm keeping my eye on the Ruger LCP. Range report anybody?
Here ya go: http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCP.htm
I thought the LCP was pretty muich a clone of the Kel-Tec...Why the two ounce difference? Could one be with the mag?

I am planning on picking up a LCP once they are cheap and available.
I don't think it will be for sometime, the waiting list at my local shop is 50+ deep.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Before the BS with my firearms license here in WA State...

This was my EDC...

It fit real nice in a pair of cargo pants/shorts.

I picked it up real cheap, only had 300 rounds through it, bought it off a girl at Washington State University in Pullman WA.

·
Registered
519 Posts
MD, Sorry to hear you got caught up in our BS, my favorite CCW is my HK P2000SK, perfect inside the waistband unless its summer...thats when the little Colt .380 mustang comes out. Perfect coat pocket pistol.
I had a hard lust moment a few months ago when a nicely used Rohrbach 9mm hit the gun shop I visit a couple times a week, I hard a very difficult time dealing with the $900 price tag for such a tiny little pistol useful for CC only. They are cool little pistols though, have to be quite a handful when fired, but then again if your gonna be using that thing you ain't gonna notice it. I can pop cans with my .380 at 25yds, it does make a pretty good "survival" pistol if need be.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I've never owned one, but I do plan on owning some just for giggles like you said sometime in the future.

My bro had a Beretta Tomcat in .32ACP I believe, but I don't really remember how it shot.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I have had a couple, Kel Tecs, Kahrs, Bersas etc. Here is a K9 I used to own, sold a few years ago now

1 - 20 of 57 Posts