AK Rifles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, did any of you guys use real Russian kits (RPK or AKM) to complete your KP ak's? I don't think I've seen one on here....

TIA,
Andy

· Banned
16,199 Posts
Re: Anyone done a KP Sidefolder with a real Russian Parts Ki

Have not seen one that I recall either. I have an assemblage of Russian parts (not a cpmplete kit) but still deciding whether to build a Russian AKM type or go with Khyber. Khyber allows for parts substitution and finish can be about anything vs trying to find all the right parts.
Using a $700 or $800 matching Russian donor kit kind of bites the wallet.

· Registered
5,308 Posts
Re: Anyone done a KP Sidefolder with a real Russian Parts Ki

This one was built with a 1977 Izzy AKM barreled trunnion assy with the matching Russian bolt. The side folder is an Izzy. The optical rail is one of Tantal's reproductions of the early style Russian AK74 type with AKM rivet spacing. The arms of the folder stock trunnion were shortened to AKM length. The serial number on the optical rail matches a 1977 dated NSPU night scope. AK_nut did the build. Dave did a super nice job on the build, it in the gallery section of his web site. This is the only picture I currently have of the rifle. I'll post some pics this weekend. IIRC, other than the compliance parts, and E German bolt carrier and top cover, the rest are Russian. Z_recto refinished the handguards, they were that awful baby shit green color.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.