1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading this thread over at Uzitalk.com:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38261

Someone posted this:
Clarification on Vector situation: In fairness to our members, I want to make sure that everyone understands what is happening. I expected Rex to post something before now but he hasn't. Vector is not just selling off the UZI business. Vector is completely going out of business. In a matter of a few days they will be completely gone.
I'm not sure if they mean they're actually getting out of the firearms business altogether or what. I was looking at one of their Yugo AK's but their mailbox is full.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Man that sucks, I've got one of their UZIs abd it's a great gun. Had hoped they'd be around awhile for parts availability. Wonder what happened ?? :sad:

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
There was a large criminal investigation involving one of the owners (there is a thread about it on Uzitalk), and it appears that the company may have gotten tanlged up in it.

My hope is that they reform in some capacity and Rex is involved. It totally sucks they are going out of business, they had some of the best Customer Service around and they pretty much had a lifetime warranty on their Uzis (of which I have one).

A sad, sad day when Vector goes under. I tried to stop by 2 weeks ago when on vacation in Salt Lake CIty as they were cool with walkins but when I called the receptionist said they didn't allow that anymore. I guess I know why now. :sad:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Yeah it was a goverment contract for some ammo he and another group sold that turned out to be Chinese! Long story!! I saw the guys lamborghini for sale on Ebay a while back!

T :sad:

·
Banned
234 Posts
That really sucks. Vector made some really good AKs. I just noticed they took off alot of AK products from their website.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Yikes! Makes you wonder about how they'll handle returns, repairs, etc. of their firearms.

I have a sick RPD with them now being treated. :sad:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Horse said:
I will try to call or run by today as they are about 3 mins away.
Their phone mail box is full, so no use calling. If you drop by, let us know what you find out. I still had some stuff I wanted to buy. It's really a shame if they're closing down all of their business. I bought a lot of stuff from them over the years.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
They knowingly bought Chinese ammo from Albania and sold it to the US for use in Iraq. Didn't bother to even repack it I heard.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
At least I'm stocked up on my parts for my SMG that they made. I was just getting ready to buy some spanner wrenches from them to disassemble and clean my coastal suppressor. If anyone knows where else I can get them let me know.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Was there something wrong with the ammo ?? Or did it just get poo-pooed because of the country of origin. ?? You'd think that if the ammo was OK and for a govt. contract it wouldn't make any difference.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
56type said:
Was there something wrong with the ammo ?? Or did it just get poo-pooed because of the country of origin. ?? You'd think that if the ammo was OK and for a govt. contract it wouldn't make any difference.
Both! The ammo was junk from storage damage and it was Chinese!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think that might just be a rumor. I have been in contact with vector about fixing one of their RPK-74s (minor issue, tight magazines) and they respond very quickly via e-mail and indicate they will fix the rifle. I get no vibe that they are about to shut down. I was about to send my RPK back to them to fix actuly.

mrf2

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to Vector today to buy some H&K magazines today at lunch. They are definitely still in business. I did not talk to them about their status (short-term nor long-term) but they were pretty busy while I was there. Additionally, there was not a feeling of doom hanging over the place. The ladies that waited on me were quite cheerful and helpful. Some of the guys were running around filling other orders and helping other customers.

nearnuf

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It would be great if the above two posters were right. I'd still like to get a couple of AK type rifles.

I'm sure they must have had some gun inventory. Where would it all go?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hmmm.....maybe they'll be OK then. I'd like to get a spare UZI barrel or two. :grin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts