AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a Magpul Maglink for my 6920. Really like it. Grabbing a rifle with 60 round's on board in the middle of the night is comforting. Do's anyone make something similar for the AK?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I sometimes use one for my home defense AK. In a cheapie 8 gun safe an AK with a 20 round mag will allow the door to shut, but a 30 round mag will not. I couple a 20 and a 30 with the bottoms level so that with the 20 rounder in the weapon, the 30 rounder is to the left side of the weapon, leaving the safety and charging handle free to manipulate. Then with the 30 inserted, the top of the 20 is sufficiently below the safety and charging handle.

I could use another coupler, can anyone recommend a good one? I bought mine a long time ago, not sure where or what brand it is.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
IIRC GlockHoliday posted a few pics of someone (maybe him) who had welded a couple of 7.62 mags together with little metal spacers in between.
Looked pretty neat.
As far as polymer or bakelite bodied mags are concerned, I'm pretty sure tape is the best option. If the prosecution is gonna be showing photos of your 60-round baby-killing death machine to the jury anyway, it might as well feature that Old World flare I guess.

·
Technical Advisor
15,527 Posts
60 rounds for home defense.:eek: Sounds like trench warfare. Maybe a 75 or 100 round drum is better if you are going for volume vs maneuverability.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I've actually had a couple of scares that warranted getting out the heavier stuff.
Of course I stayed hidden, and I thought I was going to piss my pants any second, but 75 rounds of rock and roll does help to inspire a little confidence.
...tisk, tisk....this used to be such a nice neighborhood.

After all, that's the exact argument you hear from pro-gun people every time someone tries to ban a magazine with a round capacity above whatever arbitrary number the fascists care to come up with.
"If you ban these devices, then you only take them away from the citizens who need them the most."

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To many I guess sixty-rounds on an AR would seem excessive. I would rather have it and not need it. For the record I use a Glock as my primary.

·
Technical Advisor
15,527 Posts
I've actually had a couple of scares that warranted getting out the heavier stuff.
Of course I stayed hidden, and I thought I was going to piss my pants any second, but 75 rounds of rock and roll does help to inspire a little confidence.
...tisk, tisk....this used to be such a nice neighborhood.

After all, that's the exact argument you hear from pro-gun people every time someone tries to ban a magazine with a round capacity above whatever arbitrary number the fascists care to come up with.
"If you ban these devices, then you only take them away from the citizens who need them the most."
More about maneuver and pointing than capacity for me. I hope I do not have a bedroom firefight with a 20., 40., 60 round exchange and collateral damage the neighborhood, garaged vehicles, plumbing and electrical. :) Better "hood" here I guess. We limit firefights to pistols at 1-2 rounds. Ha!. carry on.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Wife kept telling me she needed MORE rounds for her bedside gun. Went from a Glock 17 with a 33 round mag, to a Draco with an 100 round drum. I told her now she could walk the rounds on target!

Always keep Mama happy, happy, happy. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts