AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I bought a CZ 452 Trainer in .22lr as a birthday gift to me from me. I decided on the CZ because it is a full sized rifle and it has European style sights which I'm used to. Also, CZ has an excellent reputation and the quality is outstanding. Yesterday I finally got a chance to test her out and after 48 rounds it just stopped working. Nothing happens when I pull the trigger, which is something that has never happened to me before. There's usually a click or something else obvious when I have a misfire or a malfunction in a firearm. An older shooter who was also shooting .22lr looked at it and so did the range officer and they were stumped. The range officer said he has never seen a CZ fail.

I could take it apart and see what happened but since I paid for a high quality .22 bolt action I'm going to call CZ and take advantage of the warranty. This is a huge letdown. I've never had a gun just stop working before, and this is my first new firearm and the only one I own that was made in this century and it breaks before I could finish a box.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Watch a video and disassemble the bolt before sending it back. They're great rifles but like any company, one can go out the doorassembled incorrectly or with an issue. A broken or improperly installed part is easy to ID and would be cheaper to ship back then an entire rifle.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
My guess would be some factory shaving that isn't obvious, but ten more Description of "what" doesn't work?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already stripped the bolt and it appears to be fine. I'm tempted to strip the trigger assembly but I want to call CZ first. It feels like the safety is on when I pull the trigger so I'm not really sure what to make of it. If CZ doesn't have a solution there happens to be a fine gunsmith in my area.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
The safety Is entirely contained in the bolt so I wouldn't go pulling the trigger apart. Did you check the firing pin to ensure the tip didn't break off?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Find a schematic, diy or youtube video and see if it looks easy to do. If not, send it back.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The firing pin is fine. I'm not going to mess with just because its brand new and this is obviously a manufacture flaw so I'm going to take advantage of the warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts