AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out one of the shipyard workers out here I see everyday conducts a VSM basic course for carbine and for pistols. I think I can manage to swing the fees and the ammo come September when it goes down. I even got the wife to sign off on it. :banana:

Any reviews? I really have no idea what to expect. I plan on taking one of my underfolders (Ultimak/PA dot?) and my beat up Norinco 1911 as I'm on a limited budget and that's the only semi-auto I have...

...aside from a pink Taurus .380.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I couldn't think of a more uncomfortable gun to shoot all day than an underfolder.

What's VSM mean?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vickers Shooting Method.

I like my Yugos. Since I did the M70 kits on old ORF M64 UF receivers, I sold the Polish 1960. I guess it's the way the UF butt grabs my shoulder, the way the whole thing fits my T Rex arms, and then the milled receiver negating a lot of recoil, but they just fit me better.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
I've done a VSM carbine and Vicker's Carbine class. Both with a M92 SBR and a PA Micro-dot.

I really don't see a problem with UFs as much as people complain about them.

As far as the VSM class goes .. it's really dependent on who the instructor is. Most VSM guys don't do anything with AKs so they will have very minimal to no instructions on AK specific stuff (mainly mag changes and charging the gun). Most of it is general shoot stuff so it doesn't really matter though.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, man! Thanks for posting that. I googled for a review and got nada. I'll keep all that in mind when I go so as not to waste any time. I'm not all that worried about manipulating my AK, as I'm sure many here do, I try to get a little time each day to make sure I'm on top of it. I'm not going to post any crazy timed reload videos on youtube, but I think I do ok.

I'm more worried about my Norc 1911. I'm awful with handguns. Sweaty hands.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
No problem. Generally they are good intro classes. Sorry, didn't take a pistol VSM class so I can't really comment.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I haven't taken a VSM class though I want to, but I have taken a class from Vickers himself and was very very pleased.
Worth every penny.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
dead_eye said:
I couldn't think of a more uncomfortable gun to shoot all day than an underfolder.

What's VSM mean?
comon!!! you know= them Russians...they care little for the soldiers life...comps on 74 at night...too much muzzle flash

:doh:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts