Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope all is well and you are safe.

joedog

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hows the SHTF down there? I dunno if I could live in that part of TX (unless I was single and kidless), too close to the bad stuff.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I left my meeting in Corpus Christi a day early (yesterday) and still got delayed twice in Houston and Atlanta. Finally made it home at 3:00 :( Glad I left early - the CC airport cancelled over half their flights today!

The customer team said that they were not too worried about flooding, but were stocking up on fuel and food. Even the traffic update billboards were saying to fill up your tanks.

The one guy I worked with said that the last one that hit several years back saw people running out of fuel on the highway, and one lady interviewed had moved 5 miles in 7 hours - YIKES! And the emergency paths were kept clear by ticketing anyone that tried to "hop over" and drive in them. They said the fuel trucks actually drove out on the highway to refuel cars ON the highway. Would NOT be pretty. That's why I plan to stay at home if there's one that hits here. Fortunately the house is high enough that it isn't in immediate danger of flooding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts