AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I'm really excited. I've actually gotten to have coffee a few times with one of the crew members through mutual friends. He works incredibly hard to defend the second amendment here in PA. Great guy. Movie looks like it is going to be great

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'd like to see it, though I'm not a big fan of Tom Hanks. I'm too cheap to go see it at the theatre, I'll probhably wait for it to come to PPV. It does look good.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Nope, No more Tom Hanks movies for me.
He is a huge anti gun, Obummer lover.
Yeah its too bad most actors are. Ill give him credit for all he has done for WWII veterans and getting the memorial built. I was shocked when I learned his politics for sure. But Saving Private Ryan is my favorite movie so I cant help but be a hypocrit about him.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I was kind of shocked when I saw the trailers for this movie. I don't claim to be well versed on the exact details of this event, but I knew enough to say, right away, "that ain't how it went down". I understand what happens when Hollywood gets involved and does their version of it, but was still surprised that Hanks (or any other big name actor) would accept this role, written the way that it apparently is, without some hesitation. given of the facts (or, at least, the controversy surrounding them).

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I was kind of shocked when I saw the trailers for this movie. I don't claim to be well versed on the exact details of this event, but I knew enough to say, right away, "that ain't how it went down". I understand what happens when Hollywood gets involved and does their version of it, but was still surprised that Hanks (or any other big name actor) would accept this role, written the way that it apparently is, without some hesitation. given of the facts (or, at least, the controversy surrounding them).
Yes indeed but I don't think Hollywierdos are particularly concerned with the truth and authenticity of things or there'd be a lot more of them on our side of critical issues. It seems the lure of filthy lucre and being socially acceptable is their primary motivating force.

For situations like this (which is the vast majority of them) I'll spend a buck .30 when the DVD hits redbox.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Yes indeed but I don't think Hollywierdos are particularly concerned with the truth and authenticity of things or there'd be a lot more of them on our side of critical issues. It seems the lure of filthy lucre and being socially acceptable is their primary motivating force.
+1

Plus, telling a story about how a captain needlessly put his crew in harms way probably wouldn't sell very well.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Yeah after reading that I've lost interest as well. When is hollywood gonna understand that the truth usually doesnt need any of the crap they add. Pearl Harbor is the perfect example. What happened that day needed a sick stupid love triangle added to it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts