AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just starting catching his show "Mindfreak" on A & E. Totally awesome magic tricks. Most go beyond jaw-dropping.


http://www.aetv.com/criss_angel/

Realizing there is a "trick" to them (or he's in league with otherworldly forces), how in the [email protected]#$ does he do the levitation?

Not to mention disappearing from one spot right in front of everyone, and reappearing on a balcony above?

Or how about splitting someone in half on a park bench, and the two halves keep moving independently?

I'm calling these tricks awesome as long as there are no camera tricks, etc. Google searches of fraud claims are not very convincing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
The levitation was bullshit, even someone from the show said it was. He did a simple foot trick and if people freaked out they would switch frame him being lifted on cables.

Do a google on it, lots of posts and stuff on it :)

:dance:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cameron said:
The levitation was bullshit, even someone from the show said it was. He did a simple foot trick and if people freaked out they would switch frame him being lifted on cables.

Do a google on it, lots of posts and stuff on it :)

:dance:

Well, of course it's bullshit, or it wouldn't be a "trick", right? The whole point is that you're not really seeing what you think you are.

I'm just curious if he's suspended on wires thirty feet in the air, or if it's CGI, or what?

I've read so many theories on Google that I begin to wonder if the "experts" really know how he did his more spectacular tricks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,182 Posts
Nope, not a fan of him or that cat that lived underwater and had liver failure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. Such hostility.

Now I'm not defending the guy. The internet is full of claims that he's a fraud, and I say, "So be it."

Part of the fun is determining what the fraud is. :twisted:

ALL magicians are nothing but frauds when you get right down to it unless they've made a deal with supernatural forces or something.

I just say his show is entertaining and part of the fun is trying to figure out "the trick."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
I can't stand that show or that moron.

Whenever he does that levitation trick they never pan back far enough so that you can see the crane he is suspended on, all the people on the show are in on the trick, too many camera angles and edits to show the "surpised look on peoples faces....just boring.

Half of his tricks I had seen on Fox's "Breaking the Magician's Code".
It was a show that had some magician showing how they do some of their tricks and exposing their secrets.

He would impress me if he just disappeared.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
I like David Blaine but mostly for the retarded crap he does not the magic tricks, Criss Angel just gets under my skin for some reason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Some of his "tricks" are done by editing after the fact.
He definitely gives off a douchie vibe. He seems to be very in love with himself. That's my perception anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
I prefer Penn and Teller. They're clowns and they admit it. Those other douche-nozzles like Blaine and Angel take themselves too seriously.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,882 Posts
Not a fan here either.

the 'walking on water' thing made me want to see him catch a 7n1 bullet with his teeth when he wasnt expecting it....or do a dance on the end of a rusty chainsaw.

the reactions of the people made me sick to my stomach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,185 Posts
Nope. I don't like watching him bcause I can't figure out how the hell he does shit like walk on water. All I know is that everyone in his show is in on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
j_tudeski said:
Nope. I don't like watching him bcause I can't figure out how the hell he does shit like walk on water. All I know is that everyone in his show is in on it.

I'm guessing it must be that, and that the levitations are wires or something. Part of the fun is figuring out what the "trick" or "fraud" is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
AK-Joe said:
I can't stand that show or that moron.

Whenever he does that levitation trick they never pan back far enough so that you can see the crane he is suspended on, all the people on the show are in on the trick, too many camera angles and edits to show the "surpised look on peoples faces....just boring.

Half of his tricks I had seen on Fox's "Breaking the Magician's Code".
It was a show that had some magician showing how they do some of their tricks and exposing their secrets.

He would impress me if he just disappeared.
Yep, pretty much my thoughts.

Obvious crane usage.

The crowd reactions are really terrible. Very bad acting.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Did anyone watch the "big" Chris Angel stunt in Clearwater Beach? It was aired on A&E channel, I believe. Anyway, the very old Spyglass Hotel was being imploded and he thought it would be a terrific idea to set up some stupid stunt that showed him escaping. Naturally, he didn't make it out in time and the building imploded as scheduled. He emerged from the ruble like the jackass we all know him to be.

Anyway, I live close to Clearwater Beach and there was a lot of hype about Chris Angel coming here. It was all over the news, and every radio station was making fun of him. If you haven't seen the stunt, just YouTube it. The coverage was hilarious and Chris Angel was booed out of Florida. I loved it. Here's a segment our local news station aired after he left like a jackass;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH2utgVAMt0

Here's what one of the prominent radio stations taped during the event;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOWfNMDP ... re=related
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top