AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a supply, but always want to add more. Especially since Ive been piecing together a 5.45 AR that will start eating my 74 ammo...

right now the cheapest out there is just below .18/rd. Wondering if anyone has heard of a new container coming in that may help drive down the price some. Thats .06/rd more than I had paid last time I did a purchase.

2160x.06= $130 more :(

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
$139.00 for 1080rds from Sportsman's Guide with free freight was the last good deal I found. USAC sales is at $169.95 for 1080rds as are a few others.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Grabbed a crate last it was .16 per rd with shipping

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Btw I have not seen 5,45 for less than $130 a can since pre 2009 ish. I highly doubt it will ever go back to that level or lower. Just my observation when it comes to surplus ammo and ammo in general.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Btw I have not seen 5,45 for less than $130 a can since pre 2009 ish. I highly doubt it will ever go back to that level or lower. Just my observation when it comes to surplus ammo and ammo in general.
I payed $150 per tin in spring/summer 2012. The current prices now aren't too bad. Not as low as I would like but it could be worse.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just think the bulk surplus ammo like 5.45x39, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r have all come to their new selling point which is about $20 more expensive per 1000 then the lowest prices available (out side of sales) pre panic.

I got into 5.45x39 right before the panic so I was never spoiled by the real low prices. $180 shipped was what I paid right before the end of last year and I was ok with it (even though I knew it had been cheaper recently)

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
I just think the bulk surplus ammo like 5.45x39, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r have all come to their new selling point which is about $20 more expensive per 1000 then the lowest prices available (out side of sales) pre panic.

I got into 5.45x39 right before the panic so I was never spoiled by the real low prices. $180 shipped was what I paid right before the end of last year and I was ok with it (even though I knew it had been cheaper recently)
Honestly, I'm ok with the price of 7n6 right now. Anything under $200 is fine by me. Now if 7.62x39 would come down below $200 per 1000 I'm be really happy.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I would pay that if they sold it for $200 local! Most places around here want like $8 per pack lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
Seems like the best deals right now are from individuals selling off; saw a guy selling 4 tins of 7n6 on armslist last week for $145/tin.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I got into it back when you could get a tin for $120 shipped, and the only reason I did it that way was somebody had already given me 2 cases of the stuff; otherwise I would not have more than a few rounds for training and for my wife to use.

But I am patiently waiting for 5.45 to drop down just a little more before I buy 2 more tins worth and then I am done with this stuff for the rest of my life-I don't have that much ammo but I have enough stripper clips and clip guides (another gift from a friend) to do about 2 tins worth and I like my ammo pre loaded in clips as it is way easier to load and I don't have to keep a ton of magazines pre loaded.

·
Registered
28 Posts
On 1-26-12 I bought a case of 5.45 from SOG for $253.46 local pickup with Ohio sales tax. That is $127.73 per tin. Funny the things you find shoved in with your old tax documents. :p

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Its actually really simple. If you want to see lower prices, dont buy as much at the $169 pricepoint. Recall that when the importer brought this latest batch in-country tins were retailing at 210$ each. After the initial buying madness, sales slowed to a trickle. Prices lowered into the 180's then finally to the 160's where it sits today.

There is no mystery shipment behind this price change. Its simple capitalism. Want to see lower prices? Stop buying for a few months.

best,
DSP

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Its actually really simple. If you want to see lower prices, dont buy as much at the $169 pricepoint. Recall that when the importer brought this latest batch in-country tins were retailing at 210$ each. After the initial buying madness, sales slowed to a trickle. Prices lowered into the 180's then finally to the 160's where it sits today.

There is no mystery shipment behind this price change. Its simple capitalism. Want to see lower prices? Stop buying for a few months.

best,
DSP
I have heard people say this many times. And it's correct. Unfortunately people don't listen and buy high then complain that they paid too much when prices come down.

You can lead a horse to water....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts