AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since I cant seem to find a comblock one can anyone point me to a good us repro?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Dude, I wish. I will take anything at this point short of Airsoft parts. Kvar and midway have had them backordered for months and months. A krinkov FSGB is the final piece to my AKMSU74. Oh, I want one soooo bad.

I think thats what you're talking about, yes?

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
The only USA ones I know of are the Inter Ordnance and the Krebs Custom. There is a fellow that welds up 90 degree blocks and FSB's to create an integrated block & sight.. Pat., aka restoreit1 Pat's Hobby Page

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Venom Tactical also makes a combo block, but it requires cutting the gas tube down on a 90 degree port, but it will work with any port. I just helped a buddy do this to his.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Im hoping somebody gets around to building and selling them. It would be nice to have a US source for quality parts, that way you have the ability to exchange/bitch about out of spec parts. Is anyone building US made AKM trunnions?

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
Im hoping somebody gets around to building and selling them. It would be nice to have a US source for quality parts, that way you have the ability to exchange/bitch about out of spec parts. Is anyone building US made AKM trunnions?
turbothis and a fellow tortort on the Files make Chinese front trunnions. Dunno other than that and the unfinished Polish front trunnions that Robert RTG had for a minute ad a fellow from Poland selling.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah i caught a thread on the files about a member there that made a bunch but didnt finish them. Seemed to be a bunch of issues with them.

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
Yeah i caught a thread on the files about a member there that made a bunch but didnt finish them. Seemed to be a bunch of issues with them.
I do not recall that from tortort receivers. Though I did not purchase one.
Unless you are referring to the unfinished Polish trunnions. Those have been a big topic on journal sizes, various unfinished contours, heat treat etc. But they were purchased as unfinished.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I do not recall that from tortort receivers. Though I did not purchase one.
Unless you are referring to the unfinished Polish trunnions. Those have been a big topic on journal sizes, various unfinished contours, heat treat etc. But they were purchased as unfinished.
I stand corrected,
i dont post there but ran across various threads on a google search about unfinished trunnions and it seemed as though several of the guys who bought them were not happy. I didnt dive too deep into it.

So...somebody throw down a couple of hundred grand and start cranking them, gas blocks, front sight bases, etc/etc out already ;) Daddy needs some US made non tolerance stacked parts built to a common spec and most of all AVAILABLE.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the Venom might work I just cant believe no one makes these parts. What other parts would be good money makers as US parts might be something to start a business in

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just thinking out loud here blacktalon and i cant speak for everybody but with parts kits drying up i would LOVE a steady supply of US made front sights bases, 90 and 45 degree gasblocks, the aforementioned FSB/GB combo, TRUNNIONS, bolts (and quality parts), bolt carrier groups. We currently have SUPERB recievers available and US barrel making technology is getting there. The AKM i built at Rifle Dynamics course with an ESS barrel is the most accurate AKM i have ever ran by leaps and bounds. We will see on barrel life but not having a cold hammer forged barrel available currently is not a deal breaker to me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
BLACKTALON sorry for cluttering up your thread, i will start another one where we can hopefully get a dialog going on this. I decided to get the ball rolling and contacted a bud at a US firearm parts manufacturer and they are all over it. I should have specs and pricing in about a week.

Now...i have a bunch of time as of late buring up Google trying to find out if anyone has already done this and go figure...today it spit out an answer. Suburban Arsenal, LLC US Made AK-47 Type 23mm Front Trunnion SA-RU1974-US

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
BLACKTALON sorry for cluttering up your thread, i will start another one where we can hopefully get a dialog going on this. I decided to get the ball rolling and contacted a bud at a US firearm parts manufacturer and they are all over it. I should have specs and pricing in about a week.

Now...i have a bunch of time as of late buring up Google trying to find out if anyone has already done this and go figure...today it spit out an answer. Suburban Arsenal, LLC*US Made AK-47 Type 23mm Front Trunnion*SA-RU1974-US
Interesting. But why would someone buy a USA made front trunnion for $125 plus $15-$20 for a bullet guide. Vs a complete milspec fr $90-$110? I can see the FSB/GB combo as those are scarce and unique. Just wondering?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Interesting. But why would someone buy a USA made front trunnion for $125 plus $15-$20 for a bullet guide. Vs a complete milspec fr $90-$110? I can see the FSB/GB combo as those are scarce and unique. Just wondering?
Who has a steady supply of non buggered up from demilling Front trunnions available for $90 to 110.00?

·
Technical Advisor
16,056 Posts
Who has a steady supply of non buggered up from demilling Front trunnions available for $90 to 110.00?
I guess they have dried up. apex had them and Black Market Arms and Gunbroker and the MarketPlace here and AKFILES. Looks like they have been scarfed up. Glad I saved a few., just in case. Not real high on a US trunnion.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I guess they have dried up. apex had them and Black Market Arms and Gunbroker and the MarketPlace here and AKFILES. Looks like they have been scarfed up. Glad I saved a few., just in case. Not real high on a US trunnion.

Gotcha,
i thought maybe you knew of a golden connex hidden somewhere ;)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for a U.S copy of a FSB/GB I have a few questions
1. What are they made out of ?
2. are they cast or ..?
3. are they all the same pattern Russian, Bulgarian yugo etc.
4.what machines would be needed to make a true US copy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts