AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then I like to mosey on into the local junk store and dig around for an hour or two, I keep an eye out for things I collect mostly old film cameras and LP's. pickings were pretty slim in LP's but I did find working Minolta 7000 camera kit for 8 bucks, which was a pretty good score. I decided to head into the book area to see if maybe i could find something entertaining to read and maybe improve my edjemication. I found new copy of treasure island and a book of detective short stories involving cats either committing or solving crimes. I heard one of the employees announcing the shop was closing in 5 min, so I started making my way to the register when something caught my eye. The star treck TNG technical manual I.E. the book that details how all the toys in the show work. "That could be entertaining" I thought. so i grabbed it and headed to the register paid my $10.50 for a camera and 3 books and left while they locked up behind me. I get to the car and notice a piece of paper sticking out of the trek book, it was a note printed in old Klingon. I thumbed through the book to see if there was anything else hidden in there upon opening the cover I spotted a signature that I couldn't recognize, but didn't really pay much attention to it since it wasn't a big name like Sir. Patrick Stewart or any other main cast member. I get to the back and find its signed by Micheal Okuda one of the writers of the book and also the technical adviser for the show. I was pretty happy with my .50 investment, so I get home and researched the other signature and got a pretty nice surprise.
20140224_012853.jpg
20140224_012705.jpg
Mr. Okuda's signature
20140224_012638.jpg
and the late first lady of Star Trek Majel Barrett-Roddenberry AKA The ships computer for every ST tv series, Nurse Christine Chapel in the original series, Lwaxana Troi in TNG and DS9 as well as being the wife of Gene Roddenberry.

This is why I spend hours digging through junk stores.

·
Super Moderator
26,347 Posts
I've been a Star Trek ever since I can remember. Looks like you found some great memorabilia!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Guilty pleasure of mine... :peep:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Pfft.... StarWars man.
Han Solo would beat the crap out of Kirk

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I think you mean Han would shoot Kirk first.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It's entertainment and fiction .

·
Registered
404 Posts
Very cool. I grew up watching it. My dad was a Trek freak and watched it whenever it was on and when you only have 3 channels till like age 15 it was on ALOT. The original computer voice chick, pretty awesome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Years ago I use to do advanced support for Directv. We got the worst cases that were not getting resolved. I pulled a case out of the queue one day and did a double take on the name and address. Eugene Roddenberry Jr. The note said to call and ask for the grounds keeper. So, I called. The phone was answered by a hispanic woman. I asked for the grounds keeper. She said just a few minutes please. Then put my on hold. The hold music was the theme from the original series. Eugene is Gene and Majel's son. lol Never did get to talk to Jr. sigh

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
maybe,,,,but Kirk and the thing that lives on his head would have snaked the princess right out from under Han's nose:bh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts