AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a pic of the older, huge NSPU2 and NSPU3 scopes in "Legends and Reality of the AK" and totally fell in love. They are bulky, have mediocre (even for gen 1) resolution, but I just want to have one!

Anyone know of a source for any of these? Or possibly another reasonably priced NV scope for the AK. Weaver mount would be fine, i can just get one of the siderail/weaver adapters.

·
Registered
786 Posts
A guy on GunBroker and on Ebay sells the Polish version the NSP-3 for around 550 if I recall right. Has the crate, tools and batts. I think he actually has posts for other Polish mags and stuff on this forum too. Check it out. I saw a real Russian 1PN58 on Gunbroker I think from that Ruseller guy for aroud 800 I think. Id like to grab a Polish scope, but my SLR105 lacks the rail.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
No real source.. Just being lucky, and being at the right place at the right time..

The Russian 1PN58s are the most common, and can be found for a little effort for about $600-1000 depending on what comes with them, etc.

Others, they are old so harder to get.. Only actually seen one for sale over the years, and that was looking at two markets- German and American. Cant get them direct from Russia (tried) as they are so old, the Military warehouses dont have them anymore.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I saw the fella selling the NSP-3 (Polish NSPU) on grunbroker, and I have a ballpark idea what all th scopes are worth now.

I'll keep my eyes open at the Indy 1500 show in March, with 1200+ tables maybe i'll luck out, or find something even better to mount on the siderail!

Dawg

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you want a non-functioning paperweight for display, and want to deal with a bunch of liars, Sarco might still have the one I had to return last year. Paid about $500 I think.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i saw one of those nspu3's here in iraq not too long ago. the front lens was cracked though, so i doubt it worked too good. i think it was confinscated from some insurgents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts