AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few, but my 6" S&W M686-1 is my favorite. Butter smooth action and I inherited it from my Dad. I haven't shot it for years, need to take it out.

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
Dan Wesson .357 with 6 inch weighted barrel. Bought new the first week of release a long time ago. Excellent shooter!

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
Where's all the damn .357 ammo? The only stuff I can find is stupid expensive!
I bought up quite a bit pre-panic when I saw it getting hard to find and haven't really gone looking for any. Same for my 45ACP and 45LC
I pretty much shoot rifle cartridges and only bring out pistols once during the summer for a WTH session...still fun though.
I shot pistol competition in the 80's locally and ammo was everywhere and CHEAP!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I had bought more pistol ammo five or six years ago. I was to busy buying surplus rifle ammo! I to like shooting rifle's better. Down to about a box and a half of .357, 110 grain JHP's. I like full power 125 JHP's. I know they're hard on the forcing cone, but damn they hit hard!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I have a few. Two M36 snubbies in 38spl. One M13-2 and one M66-2, both 357 mag, 4 in barrel. I've been wanting a 19

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Years ago probably put 10,000 rounds through my S&W M27 before I sold it to a buddy of mine. Wish I still had it, but I needed money at the time for a divorce. Now-a-days all I have, as far as revolvers go, is a S&W M29 six inch.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I carried a model 65 & model 66 on duty and occasionally carried a model 60. A couple years ago I missed shooting DA revolvers and have since bought a S&W model 15 38 special and a model 18 22LR K frame. I also have a 9 shot Taurus model 94 22 LR that gets shot frequently. I normally shoot double action and enjoy shooting steel plates. I reload and I like 150 grain cast bullets in the model 15.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have a J.P. Sauer Western Marshall .357 single action that my dad left me, and my wife and I both have Ruger LCR .38 sp. revolvers.

·
Super Moderator
26,347 Posts
I have a few, but my 6" S&W M686-1 is my favorite. Butter smooth action and I inherited it from my Dad. I haven't shot it for years, need to take it out.
I have the exact model as you do. I can't believe how the price went up on those either, mine cost $325 in the late 80s, and those same models in 90% or better are going for $600 and up.
One of the best damn DA revolvers made IMO.

I've toyed with the idea of getting one of these holsters one day, but never went through with it:
El Paso Saddlery - 1895 "Hardin" - Shoulder Rig

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Colt Trooper Mk IV 4" in .357, Ruger GP100 3" in .357, and a pair of S&W J frames. Colt Trooper was a gun shop rescue, nice condition. I don't shoot them much but I carry the J frames a lot.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Just went and shot my 70's production new model Blackhawk today, as a matter of fact. Love that thing.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Smith Joe, mine look's just the same except it has the factory wooden "target" grips. I remember the day Dad bought it back in 1985. Bought me A Ruger MKII Target at the same time.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Yepper I love my revolvers going back to using one as a carry gun.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a m638-3 in my pocket right now 5 shot 38spc +p. I also carry a Ruger SP101 in 357mag. I also have A 22mag and 44mag single actions. want to buy a Ruger GP100 match and one of those custom shop 8 shot smith and wesson with the 2.5 inch barrel in 357mag.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I have a 1976 S&W 44 mag Dirty Harry model. I had it rebuilt to S&W match specs after I got it. Very sweet shooter! I know I'm a wuss, but I like it best with .44 special ammo. A real pleasure to shoot at the range.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Dad's got a S&W 625 that I absolutely love shooting. I take it out more than he does. I shoot my best when using that.

·
Registered
22,629 Posts
I tried out my dad's snubnose and couldn't hit shit.

I really like my .357 though with the 4" barrel. I really should take it to the range.. try to re-learn patience and shot placement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts