AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tapcobrake.jpg

Does any one shoot this Tapco muzzle brake? I would like you opinions please and I currently shoot the slant brake and not happy with it?

Thanks in advance...............TwinAK

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
That will help some with muzzle climb, if that is your objective.
The AK0685 is my choice when using Tapco, but I seldom do.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I haven't tried that brake but will tell you that the slant brake on a semi-auto AK variant is for looks only. It helps slightly on full auto fire, but just looks authentic on a semi-auto.

Funny but the AK-74 style brake is one of the most effective at taming felt recoil. I have found the AMD-65 style brake also does a good job of taming felt recoil.

I agree with TRAAK's that the brake you show should help with muzzle climb.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the price and reviews I found on another site.....I decided to go ahead and purchase the brake. Very reasonable price (under $14), nice quality, and fits the AK (both of mine)....no rattle at all. It fit so good and tight that I thought they just got lucky, so I pulled my other AK out and fits the same!

Can't wait to go shoot it hopefully this week and I will give a full review of it.

Thanks.....................TwinAK

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I shot the Tapco muzzle break last nite that I purchased a week ago and it's shot amazing. Matter of fact, I shot both my AK's last nite and swapped brakes between them around 200 rounds to see if it made that much of a big difference and it did. I was swapping the slant brake with the Tapco just to get feel of how they shot. Both AK's are different and shoot different because of the stocks and triggers on them, but the brake was noticeable to everyone that shot my AK's no matter what AK I installed the Tapco brake. We all took turns shooting and comparing and I would purchase another Tapco or one similar to one, that's for sure. I even re-notched the slant brake to make it parallel to the rifle instead of the 45 degree slant just to see if that made a difference and if didn't. Now I know brakes are everything on an AK.

Thanks for reading my review!

................TwinAK

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
I am glad to hear the brake worked for you. Here is another for you to try. Based on Czech original design and very effective. Available in different threading for most AK's.

Knurled Compensator

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks TRAAK's! That is one I haven't seen yet.

.....................TwinAK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts