AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy I used to work with turned me on to it. Apparently it's big out west. I alway's make it with one pack of mayo and two pack's of ketchup. Tasty.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Huh?? What's this fry sauce stuff??
I like sauce!!!

·
Registered
21,746 Posts
^^ what he said.

·
Registered
21,746 Posts
Speaking of sauce you out yet? I got some hot homemade pickles that will tear your ass up. I need to send them to you before I burn out my insides.
Slowly but surely.

Finished off another bottle of that McClards and it's not my favorite thing.. It's kinda like Montgomery Inn sauce but not as spicy. A bit too thin for me too. It's okay but lacks a certain something.

Going to try that Aisha's stuff next.. the mild. then the hot. I got plenty of pork ribs left.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Slowly but surely.

Finished off another bottle of that McClards and it's not my favorite thing.. It's kinda like Montgomery Inn sauce but not as spicy. A bit too thin for me too. It's okay but lacks a certain something.

Going to try that Aisha's stuff next.. the mild. then the hot. I got plenty of pork ribs left.
wellllllllllll do you want the hot pickles? :p if so send my your address. again :)

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Quite a bit more interesting if you substitute Sriracha sauce for the ketchup. Some might prefer a 1:3 ratio.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've head of people adding a little vinegar to it. Might have to try that and maybe a little Cajun seasoning.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This is what you want to try guys YUM YUM SAUCE...all the above concoctions are quick throw together attempts to copy the taste of this sauce that was made famous at Japanese steakhouses and sushi bars world wide. (ketchup has garlic, vinegar, sugar etc so it is a quick addition to mayo to approximate Yum Yum sauce seasonings ).

This sauce is great on Steaks, Seafood, Chicken, Pork....great on just about everything...great on burgers off the grill!

NOTE: Use only REAL MAYO not Miracle whip and let it set overnight to meld flavor's for best results (cayenne pepper and/or hot sauces are not necessary and are added to taste. The sauce is a knockout without them)

Yum Yum Sauce
Ingredients

• 1 Cup Mayo
  • 3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
  • 3 tbsp. white granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp. melted butter
  • 3/8 tbsp. paprika
  • 3/8 tbsp. garlic powder
  • OPTIONAL 1/2 tbsp. cayenne pepper or Sriracha sauce or your favorite hot sauce Tabasco, Frank's etc. to taste

Instructions

1. Whisk all ingredients until combined and then put place in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
  2. May add like 1-2 tbsp of chicken broth/water to thin it out.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The best way I have eaten fries with a sauce has been in canada. "Poutine" is the way they do it. Just got back and I am easily 10 pounds heavier from the stuff.
-Fries
-Cheese Curds
-Gravy
Poutine.jpeg

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I want hot pickles!! :wave:

His Ass bailed on me send your address thru a pm. Ill send you the pickles. maybe you can find me some your area only bbq sauce for a trade. I think I have a few jars of HOT chow chow also I will send.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I lived in UT for 14 years. Fry sauce is a staple there.
Claimed to have been developed by Artic Circle, but now everybody has it. I like the Crown Burger version, myself.
Mayo, Ketchup and here is the secret ingredient - dill pickle juice.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I dont like fry sauce. Then again, I dont like french fries. Maybe that's because I have been making biodiesel for almost a decade out of the oil restaurants use for making them. Now french fries taste like my garage floor.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
when I was a kid I used to make my own fry / hot dog sauce. Just mixing ketchup mustard, and relish together. Still mix ketchup and mustard together for fries on occasion....... but hell Ill dip fries in mayo sometimes as well, so fry sauce is pretty pretty good to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts