AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out I cannot use my chinese selector stop and trigger guard. going to have to use a bugy one. Any issues I need to be aware of?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Is the bulgy stop you plan on using already drilled for the rivets ?? Remember the chicom usually only uses the 2 rivets instead of the 4 on the combloc AKs.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know, this is for my Chyber pass build. I thought the Elk river receivers didn't come pre-drilled but they do, with four holes. Thus I have to use the bulgy stop and guard they offer. I have a chicom selector though, I just want to make sure that will work.

anyone need a chicom stop and guard?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I don't see any reason the selector wouldn't work work with the stop. The only difference I think is in the length of the stop itself. Is your selector lever the early or late chicom type ?? The early ones go with the top cover that doesn't have the flare and are more squared off at the back so they cover the slot completely when placed on safe.

The later style uses the flared topcover and the rear of the lever is more rounded and actually fits under the flared portion. Usually the early lever doesn't want to work with flared top cover, it won't close all the way.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Flyingjibus said:
Yeah I know, this is for my Chyber pass build. I thought the Elk river receivers didn't come pre-drilled but they do, with four holes. Thus I have to use the bulgy stop and guard they offer. I have a chicom selector though, I just want to make sure that will work.

anyone need a chicom stop and guard?
I would have a local muffler shop spot the holes closed with a MIG, then simply drill new holes for the Chinese parts.

Otherwise, make up a wishlist on what you'd trade your guard/stop for (or price) and drop me a note.

t

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
56type said:
I don't see any reason the selector wouldn't work work with the stop. The only difference I think is in the length of the stop itself. Is your selector lever the early or late chicom type ?? The early ones go with the top cover that doesn't have the flare and are more squared off at the back so they cover the slot completely when placed on safe.

The later style uses the flared topcover and the rear of the lever is more rounded and actually fits under the flared portion. Usually the early lever doesn't want to work with flared top cover, it won't close all the way.
What do I have?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You have a mis-match the same one I was refering to. Your selector lever is the late type with the rounded portion where it slopes down at the rear. The top cover in your pic is an early type without the flare.

Basically the correct selector lever should fit against that top cover like a jigsaw puzzle piece. Let me get a few pics up ......

Early top cover and selector lever.

Late selector and flared top cover.

Here is a mixed one that occasionally turns up. If you look closely at the rear of the safety lever you can see where the finish is wearing off due to rubbing the top cover when you place it on safe.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard to find either a late type flared topcover, (www.polytechparts.com) or find the correct safety lever to go with your topcover. The only rule with the chinese made AKs is that there are no rules, they used whatever was at hand when they were putting the rifles together.

Just depends on which look you want for your build.The chinese stayed mainly with AK-47 style parts even though they switched to the AKM style reciever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts