AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on getting some krebs style rear peeps for 58s It is a large investment for me and am wondering what interest is before I set price. They will cost somewhere between $50-$70 depending on how many I think I can sell. Any feedback?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'm in :) But obiwan... ever consider a Krebs style RAIL sight that has a peep sight backup? Something like....

This would clearly cost a load more... but I know I'm STILL trying to find a decent scope solution.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a prototype of that but I am having trouble with ejection. That is a project for later. I expect these rear sights to be available soon. I have 5 prototypes on the way if I am happy with those I will get a stamp to mark ranges on leaf and get them going.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in for sure.
[email protected]

obiwanbonjovi said:
I am currently working on getting some krebs style rear peeps for 58s It is a large investment for me and am wondering what interest is before I set price. They will cost somewhere between $50-$70 depending on how many I think I can sell. Any feedback?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still waiting on prototypes but this should happen real soon as soon as protos arrrive I will be sending out for marking stamp.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
take a pick or awl and press down with all your might on the spring through the little slot in front of leaf. Then push down and pull back sight.

G

·
0 Posts
Trotsky said:
I'm in :) But obiwan... ever consider a Krebs style RAIL sight that has a peep sight backup? Something like....

This would clearly cost a load more... but I know I'm STILL trying to find a decent scope solution.
Didn't Krebs can this unit?

The issue with scoping the VZ is shell ejection.

·
Registered
218 Posts
A peep would be nice but for it to work good the apeture needs to be as close to the eye as possible. If someone comes up with one that would mount on the back of the receiver cover I'd be interested in that.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there will only be 7 avbailable at this time I will let you know pricing in a day or 2 but expect it to be around $75
w4yn, pippin53, wilhelm, fortyacres, dean762 all will have first crack at them
These will be the only ones produced exactly like this. The machining is just too expensive. I will start a group buy for some that are similar but are stamped instead of milled the stamped ones would run approx $35-$45 each and I will need to have at least 50 commitments for them to be produced

1 - 20 of 49 Posts