AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curtis at ak-builder.com said he would make them if their was enough interest. The M92 has a different thread than the bulgy, so these would be US made totally. Post your interest here.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
I woudl have some interest.

Not to junk up the thread, but just thinking out loud- it would be really nice if someone would offer a vortex or phantom style flash hider for the Yugo and Bulgy thread patterns. I think both types woudl benefit quite a bit from modern flash hider desgins!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
If your looking for modern theres a guy that was making copies of the M95 flash hiders... basically a modern cage style flash suppressor, spot on copies. Rahatlakhoom ?? If he's not here he's over at Gunco.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
SA58 said:
If your looking for modern theres a guy that was making copies of the M95 flash hiders... basically a modern cage style flash suppressor, spot on copies. Rahatlakhoom ?? If he's not here he's over at Gunco.
If you could provide me with a link that would be great. The Bulgy AR-1 style flash hider fits the bulgys, there aren't any other options for the Yugo of course...

[ETA] I wonder if HOtbarrel woudl be willing to cranka few out. He does great work and his prices are pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I would be interested too.

Actually production costs could be cut by just creating the 1 piece (threaded body) of the 4 piece brake. Just the tube threaded on both ends is needed. The cone, spring and end nut could be used if one has a Bulgarian Beer Can already. Only the internal cone is chromed so that cuts the cost too.

Yugo threads for M-92
My dimensions that I have recorded is (major dimension)M25.8X1.5LH
25.8mm, 1.0165 It will need to be cut on a CNC Lathe as getting custom taps cut for this will probabily kill the project. Apparently the Yugos wanted to ensure that their GIs were not able to put other muzzle devices from other countries on their rifles.

I have been speaking to other vendors about creating just such an item.

The fact that its a US part is not necessary as they will be for SBRs no US parts requirement needed. It may be cheaper to have the threaded tubes produced overseas.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Curtis @ AK Builder.com
Realizing the time to set up for such an item, material cost, time. Is this something that you consider building for the Yugo M92 community?

Should you read this post. Please advise of estimated cost. I want two of them. Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lack of requirement for it to be US made is understood, but no one makes one period. We have all the dimensions, as Curtis has a Virgin kit to get those from. Price will be determined once set-up is figured. This is just a market survey to see if their is any interest. If enough interest is found, Curtis is going to tool up and make them for the M92, Bulgy and 14x1lh threads.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Dawg180 said:
SA58 said:
If you could provide me with a link that would be great. The Bulgy AR-1 style flash hider fits the bulgys, there aren't any other options for the Yugo of course...

[ETA] I wonder if HOtbarrel woudl be willing to cranka few out. He does great work and his prices are pretty reasonable.
PM sent

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I'd like to see some pics of it attached first.
Mine was custom made splicing the original cone threads with the "can" front but here's what it looks like on a yugo. It completely eliminated any muzzle flash.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tangotag said:
The fact that its a US part is not necessary as they will be for SBRs no US parts requirement needed. It may be cheaper to have the threaded tubes produced overseas.

Understood, but why limit yourself to the M92? The 4 piece flash hider is one of those tacticool items that would go nicely with any AK collection. Nice pic! I am planing on doing a form 1 for my kit :grin:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
rbthntr64 said:
tangotag said:
Understood, but why limit yourself to the M92? The 4 piece flash hider is one of those tacticool items that would go nicely with any AK collection. Nice pic! I am planing on doing a form 1 for my kit :grin:
What? I must have missed something. M-92 because nobody makes it. Everything else you just need a Bulgy thread adapter and you can use the original Bulgy 4 piece on a threaded M14x1LH rifle.

I have a couple of M92s SBRs and a couple of Bulgy Beer Cans that I swap around on my Bulgarian rifles. Having and extra body or two that meets the Bulgarian specs except threaded for M-92 would let me just swap the tunable aspect of the original 7.62x39mm Bulgy 4 piece brake. The Bulgarians spent enough time designing the thing to out perform any brake the Russians came up with. All I need is a threaded tube that matches everything else on the Bulgarian brake. If you guys can't do that I'll keep looking for a vendor or pay for time on a CNC Lathe run to my specs and sell them in the Marketplace later.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Delta 3. Really nice set up. This is exactly what I am talking about. Hope there is enough interest to allow Curtis @ AK. Com to consider production. Delta 3 who performed your work? In the event Curtis does not want to go forward on production.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tangotag said:
Everything else you just need a Bulgy thread adapter and you can use the original Bulgy 4 piece on a threaded M14x1LH rifle.
I understand that also, but then the muzzle attachment would be foreign made and count against you for 922r compliance. The M92 ones would be an aside to the others.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I understand the 922r but with production costs I expect such an item requiring 3 machined parts, chroming the internal cone, and a spring plus finishing made domestically to be running well over $100. At that level of cost one would be able to buy lots of other 922r compliant parts. The consern that I have would be any changes in the design may affect the end products performance. Apexgunparts is selling a foreign made copy 4 piece brake copy for $65 and I would not touch that as long a I still can buy the original at any cost.
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... vvarc9uab3
Maybe its me, but I do understand the functionality of the device.

I don't doubt that Curtis will be able to sell US 4 piece brakes in Bulgy/Russian M24x1.5RH and M14x1LH. But you did start this thread in the Yugo forum asking about M92s. . You may want to start a thread in Bulgy forum and Romanian forum. Regarding brakes in those other thread options.

I am just looking to keep my original M-92 factory brakes and add more functionality to my weapons.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes the M92 ones are why I posted it here. Curtis asked me to see if their was any interest in these for the M92. I asked him today about just making the barrels for the M92 and he said he may consider doing that. These will be modeled after the Bulgy pattern, and will not be compatable with the econo 4 piece FH.
You mention a spring, All the four piece FH I have seen do not have a spring in them. Could you post a pic?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If you have only seen a 4 piece brake and not taken one apart then here you go. :neutral:
Its called a 4 piece brake because it has only...4 parts. The spring (retaining wire) is one. Look above in Delta-3's lower picture above this post. It keeps the nut from unscrewing while firing the rifle.

I can pull one apart later today if you need to see the parts individually. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts