AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Groza and 9x39 ammo??? Read a piece on the ammo today and would like to know more. Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
10,188 Posts
I have fired the VAL assault rifle in 9x39... The way I understand it, the 9x39 was designed to just be a subsonic load, similar to US .300 whisper, etc... Large, heavy bullet.. Pretty much for suppressor use..

The VAL has about the same amount of recoil as an AKM. You can tell that you are sending a big bullet downrange..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In your opinion, was the accuracy any better with the 9x39 round or about the same as the 7.62? Both the Val and the Groza are neat pieces. Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot. Got a spare receiver laying around in the shop........ maybe a project ;) Craig

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking for a few rounds of ammo thats genuine but unless I am mistaken a good 358 bullet would work and you need to blow the 7.62 case out to make it fit ;) Craig

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot........ Craig ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What did you think of the round?? Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Noble Sniper said:
What did you think of the round?? Thanks, Craig
It has been a number of years now and I didn't take notes. I remember it as being mild, and there was a crack for sound, no bang or boom. But the rifle itself was really nice with a smooth trigger that almost seemed long until it would fire and you almost couldn't tell the sear had tripped. Pulled out my old target for 100m here. MOA was 6.35, the round I would say was nothing interesting for putting holes in paper. But I understand it is excellent for killing terrorists dead, or anyone wearing body armor. But I never got to shoot anything like that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts