AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone knows anything about this ak and if it's worth anything.

the receiver has MADDI Egypt
AKM 762x39
STYER Daimles
New Jersey

it is an underfolder with the forward grip.

I'll post a couple pics when the battery for the camera charges up.

I have tried to search but come up with nothing.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
It sounds like someone took a pre-ban Steyr Maadi and converted it into an underfolder. Waiting on what may be some interesting photos.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
That looks like a Romie UF kit built with an OOW reciever that someone hand marked with MAADI, ect.

How about some close ups of the markings.

Steyr Maadis are marked differently than that rifle.

This is how the markings should look.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Wow. You can definately see the uneven surface on the receiver where the "Maadi... etc." information was stamped/beat onto the receiver.

"STYER"... I love it. :razz:

I was wondering if someone knows anything about this ak and if it's worth anything.
It's worth $50 to me just for that stamp job. :hail: :lol: If it were cheap enough, I'd definately buy it as the US version of a Pakistani/Khyber Pass-made Kalashnikov. It's just got that look... :lol:

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
rayman1 said:
Wow. You can definately see the uneven surface on the receiver where the "Maadi... etc." information was stamped/beat onto the receiver.

"STYER"... I love it. :razz:
What about the word MAADI stamp, 'MADDI' :lol:

As to what it is worth, about 100 bucks tops, and that is because the only good thing about it, is the parts kit.

ultraz, if you bought that abortion, you got ripped off bad. You should be demanding your money back.

As bad as that workmanship is on that, ie. rivets, I wouldn't even trust that thing was even checked for headspaced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I guess live and learn. This was my first AK and the only thing I know about them is what i have read on the net.

The more I look at it, it does seem like a parts kit with a MADDI receiver like someone suggested (if you look on www.AK-47.us it's spelled that way) The same numbers are through out but doesn't match the receiver.

Anyway so now we know it's a POS. How do i go about fixing it?

Junk it? New receiver and rivets? anything else?

I just want something reliable and fun to shoot looks aren't that important.

·
Registered
64 Posts
:lol: Best laugh i had all week! This is the most obvious fake i have ever seen! How much was it? Is the receiver on the underside by any chance
stamped BUHBAH? Oops i meant BUBBA or something along those words?
Try to return it, did you get it from a dealer or from BUBBA directly? :lol: :bigwow: :roflmao: :flush: :rant: :lol:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Steyr never imported any folders to the US. 1600 to 2000 came in in 82'.
I too have searched for one myself, but they don't exist. Not sure if any military models were ever made.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
I think some of us were under the impression you were contemplating the purchase of said gun - none of us here were intentionally trying to put down your purchase and hope you understand. We've all made a purchase at one time or another and didn't get quite the deal we thought. :neutral:

All that aside, you can disassemble it/have it disassembled and build it back onto a proper receiver. There's a few choices for receivers out there but an NDS-1P should work for you. You should have a decent rifle in doing that so all is not lost.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
rayman1 said:
I think some of us were under the impression you were contemplating the purchase of said gun - none of us here were intentionally trying to put down your purchase and hope you understand. We've all made a purchase at one time or another and didn't get quite the deal we thought. :neutral:

All that aside, you can disassemble it/have it disassembled and build it back onto a proper receiver. There's a few choices for receivers out there but an NDS-1P should work for you. You should have a decent rifle in doing that so all is not lost.

This is true.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
ultraz said:
The more I look at it, it does seem like a parts kit with a MADDI receiver like someone suggested
I can tell you without any doubt that is not no way a MAADI receiver, it's a US receiver that some hilljack stamped "MADDI" on it.

Anyway so now we know it's a POS. How do i go about fixing it?
no matter how you slice it, you will end up pouring more into this thing, then it's worth. If you add up the moeny you spent on that abortion already, add in what it would take a competent gunsmith to rebuild it on another receiver. I will bet that thing does not have a single US parts in it, other then the receiver. so add the price of US parts as well.

If you bought this locally, I would be on that guy like smell on sh-t, on getting my money back

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I wanna say Thanks for all the comments. I took it back today and the guy put up a little fight but then showed him the print out of this tread and he refunded the money. So I ended up buying another one at the gun show. lol this time I had a friend that was knowledgeable in AK's I'll post a pic in a couple minutes

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Well done - glad it worked out for you. Maybe someday someone will start a thread in the General Discussion of rifles or purchases we were burned on and learned the hard way. I know I've got a couple stories for a post like that... expensive ones. :sad:

Again, great job being able to get your money back. The Force is strong here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts