AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted one, but the price of new one's is steep. I've seen some ex-Israeli one's on Gunbroker, but I hate to buy a used gun without being able to inspect in first hand.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I got a couple from gunbroker, actually ex israelis like you mention, the pictures and description are accurate and you have like 3 days for inspection.
You can't get a better price for a real FN HI POWER.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I've had an EX-Israeli for a few years now that I bought locally. It was an older import and was made in 1994 IIRC. It was obviously well used and isn't pretty to most people (personally, I love the looks of a well worn finish) but it shoots great and feels wonderful in the hand! It's very accurate and 100% reliable. The more recent imports seem to be in better cosmetic condition than mine if that is important to you. Here are photos of mine. I've done nothing to it other than shoot and clean. I hope that they help you.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I've had an EX-Israeli for a few years now that I bought locally. It was an older import and was made in 1994 IIRC. It was obviously well used and isn't pretty to most people (personally, I love the looks of a well worn finish) but it shoots great and feels wonderful in the hand! It's very accurate and 100% reliable. The more recent imports seem to be in better cosmetic condition than mine if that is important to you. Here are photos of mine. I've done nothing to it other than shoot and clean. I hope that they help you.
I'm with ya, I love how yours looks. Nothin wrong with a pistol with good honest carry wear. I held one just like that but with the brown wood grips that had that perfect wear feeling to them. Can't wait to get one one day.

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
I got a couple from gunbroker, actually ex israelis like you mention, the pictures and description are accurate and you have like 3 days for inspection.
You can't get a better price for a real FN HI POWER.
A big +1 to this. I bought my first Hi Power from Coles on Gunbroker last year, and could not be more pleased with it. The example I bought was refinished somewhere along the line, but nobody is positive if it was the Israeli's, or the importer. In any event, its a great shooter and looks damn good.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The grips that came on the pistol were a little worn, but I found a guy that hooked me up with correct ones that were cut for the lanyard ring. I bought spares off him as well like an extractor, firing pin, springs etc. All three numbers match on mine, and the barrel is excellent plus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts