AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of Russian AK74 kits to build. Since they didn't come with barrels, I'd like to use a US barrel if possible. this is so I can keep the original stock set, muzzle brake, and gas piston. My compliance parts would be the receiver, the FCG, a US follower and the barrel. I don't imagine the US barrels are as good as the CHF originals, but are they good? Which if any is the best?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
the Arms of America barrels I've ordered with very nice, and are pretty much exact copies of bulgy barrels. The one I've used to build with went together great! I also ordered a couple from other places and they were not as nice, and the little details were left out. The ones I ordered from AOA were chrome lined, but they didn't have the nitride option at the time. The only thing I worry about with nitrided barrels is how hard/tough they are supposed to be. You still have to drill for pins in the OD of the barrel in various places and normal bits probably won't touch the stuff.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I'll probably try an Arms of America barrel given that I'd rather not replace the gas piston.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts