AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have three of his Hong Kong movies, all directed by John Woo. Also "The Replacement Killers". I consider him the "Bruce Willis" of asian actors.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I used to be but if this article is true..him and Jackie Chan can go suck their own noodles together.

Report: Hong Kong movie star Chow Yun-fat 'can't stand' American lifestyle

Action movie star Chow Yun-fat says he can't stand the American way of life and has no plans to pursue U.S. permanent resident status, a newspaper reported Friday.

"I can't stand talking English every day or the lifestyle there ... not to mention the food," the Hong Kong-born film star was quoted as saying. "I only go to America for work. When I finish work, I leave immediately. I won't stay one day longer."

Chow reportedly told media in mainland China earlier he views Hong Kong as his home and prefers to live here.

"Why do I need a green card (for the United States)?" Chow said. "After going to so many places, I feel that I like being a Chinese best."

His comments were printed Friday by the Chinese-language The Sun, a Hong Kong newspaper.

Chow rose to fame in Hong Kong with gangster movies including "A Better Tomorrow" before moving to Hollywood, where he starred in films such as "The Replacement Killers" and "Anna and the King."

He could not be contacted for comment on Friday, a National Day holiday in Hong Kong.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have always liked his movies in the past. Haven't see any of his newer movies though. Concerning the article, I'd feel the same way he feels if I had to work in shit hole fucking China being an American. I'd be dying to get back home to see all my beautiful AK's!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
I used to be but if this article is true..him and Jackie Chan can go suck their own noodles together.

Report: Hong Kong movie star Chow Yun-fat 'can't stand' American lifestyle

Action movie star Chow Yun-fat says he can't stand the American way of life and has no plans to pursue U.S. permanent resident status, a newspaper reported Friday.

"I can't stand talking English every day or the lifestyle there ... not to mention the food," the Hong Kong-born film star was quoted as saying. "I only go to America for work. When I finish work, I leave immediately. I won't stay one day longer."

Chow reportedly told media in mainland China earlier he views Hong Kong as his home and prefers to live here.

"Why do I need a green card (for the United States)?" Chow said. "After going to so many places, I feel that I like being a Chinese best."

His comments were printed Friday by the Chinese-language The Sun, a Hong Kong newspaper.

Chow rose to fame in Hong Kong with gangster movies including "A Better Tomorrow" before moving to Hollywood, where he starred in films such as "The Replacement Killers" and "Anna and the King."

He could not be contacted for comment on Friday, a National Day holiday in Hong Kong.
If it is true, who really cares? I have felt the same way about some of the other countries I have been in for work myself. No different than any of the other foreign tourists who come, spend their money and leave. Somebody here made a buck or two doing something for him when he worked in the states. At least the guy is honest.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
John Woo's old stuff is really good but I think I like Miike's Black Triad trilogy more than any Woo movie. Newer ones like The Man From Nowhere and a lot of movies out of Korea are great as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts