AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an AMD-65 kit-build and immediately noticed some problems. It was built on an ITM MK-99 (OOW). The receiver had to have been 'pinched' at the fcg area, because the receiver is bulged downward at the trigger (causing the rear of any mag to sit too low). I thought I could 'bubba-fix' the problem...until I fired a test mag...and the rivets on the left side started to shift - and one egged! So, getting the opinion af a local home-builder, the receiver is both out of spec AND garbage. I ordered a NDS-65 and need to find someone to replace the receiver. I do not have the equipment, and the builder who inspected it said it was well worth replacing. Any takers? The receiver should be splashing down at my door within the next week along with 2 sets of rivets from AK-Builder. Any ideas?

SAM_1492.JPG

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, this might be your lucky day. I live in Puyallup and have home built over a dozen AK version's including pistols. All have been test fired and all function fine. I have all the tooling to do what you want. At least you know quality vendors when you see them. All my tooling is from AK-builder.com. If you wanted to go the other route, I can fold any flat for you also. I have a 12 ton press. Send me a PM and we can work out the details. I am going to help another person from Tacoma build his AMD-65 in the next week or two.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts