AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a CZ52 in the pipeline, and I need to order some ammo. Anyone have any good clean non-corrosive ammo. Surplus if possible.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
All surplus 7.62x25mm is corrosive. However, it really is not too hard to clean your pistol. No gas system to mess with, heck you could take the grips off and soak it in kerosene if you wanted.

Sellier and Ballot is probably the cheapest non corrosive out there, I think $8 for 50 rounds.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
To my knowledge there isnt any surplus non-corrosive Tok ammo, but as suggested Sellier & Bellot or Norinco (if you can find it) are good non-corrosive ammo choices.

Stay away from the Yugoslavian surplus. It says "Metaka" on the box - ive had about 40-50% failure to fire with a CZ52.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Be careful. All 7.62x25 is NOT pistol ammo. The Czechs also had a machine gun that took 7.62x25 and this stuff is too hot for the CZ52s & Toks.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Karl/Pa. said:
Be careful. All 7.62x25 is NOT pistol ammo. The Czechs also had a machine gun that took 7.62x25 and this stuff is too hot for the CZ52s & Toks.
It was not a MACHINE gun, it was a SUB machine gun. They loaded hot ammo for this gun because they wanted better ballistics for an infantry weapon.

This ammo will not destroy your gun, it will just put excessive wear on it. You will notice more recoil, muzzle blast and harsher operation of the weapon overall... over time it will mess stuff up. It is almost impossible to find now, so don't worry about it. Stick with Yugoslavian, that is corrosive but cheap and common now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts