AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine showed me his Russian AK the other day. Wood was beat up, like a BPU, and it looks like someone spray painted the rifle itself black. Other than that, it was in pretty typical condition and seemed well built. I know he got it years ago for a song, and he's toyed with the idea of selling it. I'm toying with the idea of buying it. :) I have zero idea what it's worth and did a search on the board here and found nothing in the Russian section. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Kind of hard to figure value with knowing more about it - especially without a photo. Would be great to see some photos of it.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Without pics it's like, "how many fingers am I showing on my left hand". We all trust your description, but we really don't. We have all seen a supposed PLO kit turn out to be a Rommy G. So my guess would be between $250.00 and $1500.00,

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't get pics, unfortunately. I know that it was built on an OOW receiver and is an Ish. Not completely matching numbers, though I don't know which ones match and which one don't. It's not Romanian, unless someone spent alot of time grinding and stamping a new manufacturer's mark.

$250 for a complete AK? Show me where. :)

What would the be the lowest price beater looking non matching numbers stamped Russian AK build be then? $600? $800?

·
Registered
116 Posts
well non matching parts kist start about $850 with unfinished wood, if its finished in spray paint, its easy to come off, an OOW receivers is what $80. Most people would buy, demil it again and rebuild it again.

I think most would jump on it for $800 if it is Russian.

just my thought

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds reasonable. I offered him 2k rounds of .223 for it already, so that's right in line. So far he's hemming and hawwing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts