AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 12 of these kits years back. Assembled one on a flat for a friend before NDS ever made a receiver and I finally got around to building another to keep. Orion did the selector engraving. I didn't build it until I had all the accessories for it :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks great. What did you use for the finish?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Valmet78 said:
I bought 12 of these kits years back. Assembled one on a flat for a friend before NDS ever made a receiver and I finally got around to building another to keep. Orion did the selector engraving. I didn't build it until I had all the accessories for it :)

Wow, that looks great!

Can you show the engraving up close and the other side of the receiver as well?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can rig it as a safety with extra mods to the internals. I didn't really care, so in my case it's just sitting there :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Valmet78 said:
You can rig it as a safety with extra mods to the internals. I didn't really care, so in my case it's just sitting there :)

Does that mean the normal safety lever on the other side can be set to "Fire" but the Tantal burst selector can still keep the trigger defeated or "Safe"?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Using a G2 trigger group, the left side burst control doesn't engage anything. The right "selector", although not originally intended as a safety does engage the trigger and works basically the same as any AK selector.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Valmet78 said:
Right side will function as per original - only a carrier block. Left side takes over as safety.
OK, now that is cool! So you can carry it ready to fire with a safety, the former burst control, taking over that function.

Makes my decision easy to buy a Tantal cut receiver vs. getting the FCG parts needed to build it up as a standard AK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts