AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received another t3 underfolder kit thanks to Johno! Couldn't pass this kit up. Another clean barell too. For the last year and half I couldn't find a milled kit with a decent barell - the last 3 months I've gotten two pretty pristine kits :grin: . Wood is decent - just needs to be sent to Z-recto for a minor facelift.

The kit was missing the muzzle nut and cleaning rod. Where can I find a US muzzle nut and a Russian cleaning rod? For now I'll just post a WTB ad. No rush, but if anyone has any thoughts?

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
The only US made muzzle nuts that I'm aware of are offered by K-Var and if they are the ones I'm thinking of, they are slightly oversized to keep you from putting a bayonet on the rifle.

They were left over from the Ban and were used on the Classic and RPK's.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Templar said:
The only US made muzzle nuts that I'm aware of are offered by K-Var and if they are the ones I'm thinking of, they are slightly oversized to keep you from putting a bayonet on the rifle.

They were left over from the Ban and were used on the Classic and RPK's.
That's what I was afraid of.
:sad:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I have a couple extra cleaning rods,are they different on a Russian Type III?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
If they're the same,I'll send you one.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Why a US muzzle nut? If I'm thinking straight,maybe not it was a long night, 5 US parts. Firing line reciever, US FCG(3) and US piston gets you there.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Yeah but any muzzle attachment adds a part.If it were me,I'd use an imported nut with a US mag follower.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JOHNO said:
Yeah but any muzzle attachment adds a part.If it were me,I'd use an imported nut with a US mag follower.
probably the path I'll take or get one of Z-Rectos Pg's. Which are getting pretty damn good BTW. He'll be redoing the furniture anyway. That way it'll match.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Uhmm...doesn't a milled rifle need only 5 parts? There is no seperate trunnion. That removes one part for the overall # so 5 US gets you under 10. IIRC. I might be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time today!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Fireman,come to think of it............I believe you're right!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
JOHNO said:
Fireman,come to think of it............I believe you're right!
I'm right? :shock: I'm quoting this for future refrence. :grin:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it looks like a former Arsenal cleaning rod is 'almost' the same. Just about 1/8" difference in the area above the threads for the cleaning attachment. I also found a muzzle nut in my misc box of sh*t! I really need to clean out some of this stuff soon. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
He is right on the build. I had a 1954 hungarian milled build by them & they sent me mine back molycoated with the rest of the complete gun.
I have a reciept for compliance parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts