AK Rifles banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
YES
9 Posts
Every single firearms forum I'm a member of is getting slammed with these oxygen thieves. Adding to it, many people (myself included) have been hacked and our accounts used to post fake ads. Makes it even worse because they are going after members who have long standing accounts and a lot of positive feedback in the classifieds, so it seems legit.
Nowadays I will only do a Zoom/FaceTime/Teams call with someone and have them show me whatever it is that I'm buying or they have to call me and talk directly to me if I'm selling anything of value.
If there was ever a group of people I have no problem wishing asscancer on, it's these turds.
That is a good idea on the video, but wouldn't just having the person send a photo with timestamp verification etc of the item be the same though? If they have the item in the picture, they will also have it in the video. Although having the item to begin with is very unlikely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is a good idea on the video, but wouldn't just having the person send a photo with timestamp verification etc of the item be the same though? If they have the item in the picture, they will also have it in the video. Although having the item to begin with is very unlikely.
99.99% they have bootlegged that photo of the item off a web search then photoshopped it just a bit. They’ll never have the original.
And, once they go on video you can do a common sense check of American or….

·
Registered
SGL 31-94, AK-103 (conv. in progress)
20 Posts
I’m reporting another scammer on this forum, he claimed to have an AK-200 handguard and sent fake pictures of it along with an AK-100/AK9 handguard as well. He will not refund me and he assures he’ll ship it out next week.

His AKForum name is “Disssshh”

He pic of the box he sent came from this Yelp review from the user “Youssef” here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-ups-store-golden-valley-2

I’ll link the email pic to this post as well for proof.

he may have one positive rating, but his messaging and inconsistent blurry pics is a huge red flag, as well as refusing to refund and holding out on shipping as long as possible. Do not send Disssshh any money!

He communicates with this email:
[email protected]

This is his PayPal email:
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I’m reporting another scammer on this forum, he claimed to have an AK-200 handguard and sent fake pictures of it along with an AK-100/AK9 handguard as well. He will not refund me and he assures he’ll ship it out next week.

His AKForum name is “Disssshh”

He pic of the box he sent came from this Yelp review from the user “Youssef” here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-ups-store-golden-valley-2

I’ll link the email pic to this post as well for proof.

he may have one positive rating, but his messaging and inconsistent blurry pics is a huge red flag, as well as refusing to refund and holding out on shipping as long as possible. Do not send Disssshh any money!

He communicates with this email:
[email protected]

This is his PayPal email:
[email protected]
I guess the Admins have yet to hit this guy with the ban hammer because he sent me a PM concerning one of my WTB ads some hrs ago.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts