AK Rifles banner

Another Russian JUNK-Obzor 1P63 Collimator Review...........

38K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  BJOVODB 
#1 ·
Freaking Zen, his is solely to blame for my new addiction of current Russian Military grade scopes coming out of the NPZ.

I recently acquired 1P63 Obzor, which translated to "view" or "review" in English. This is a zero magnification rapid acquisition reflex sight that is the modernized version of the current collimator sights coming out of Russia.

Obzor came with a nice cover, instructions, and a key for elevation/windage adjustment. You really dont need this this tool, as any regular knife/screwdriver will work in a pinch.
Obzor comes as a traditional integrated system manufactured for the Kalashnikov series of rifles and mounts to the left side of the receiver via clamping mechanism. The scope is very light. Exactly half a kilo (exactly half the weight of the PO 3,5x21).
The real beauty of this model is the complete lack of electronics/wiring...so less things to go wrong. Scope is both Tritium and microfiber supported to enhance the viewing conditions. Tritium (H3) undergoes radioactive transformation via beta decay and has fairly long half life. Instruction say that it will be good for about 12 years, after that you rely on the microfiber illumination that helps great during low light/dusk conditions.
Posterior side of the scope contains windage/elevation knobs which are protected with caps that screw on top of them. Once the scope is properly zeroed, caps get screwed back on the nobs to protect them from exposure to impact, water, etc.

The right side of the scope contains the only switch on the scope, which acts as a polarizing filter to help with viewing condition during various lighting conditions, which depend on the time of day or plain user preference.
------------------------------------------------------
thats about it for the outside of the scope and its instructions....its really simple, rugged and light.
------------------------------------------------------
the reticle consists of (4) bars, (2) vertical bars and about 4 MOA triangle in the middle. The bars come in 2 different colours and come on during different lighting conditions as well as different colour background (target too) to help enhance the field of view.
We zeroed the scope in for 100 meters, and decided to do some durability tests to see how it holds up against some abuse. The scope was taken off, rifle cleaned and the scope was re-attached back to the my AKs-74

The rifle was tossed about 5 feet in the air with scope attached, landing direct on the scope

Lucky for us, rain started (as always :twisted: ) heavy downpour.

We then setup some quick targets around the corners and decided to run some quick CQB scenarios. Going into modified prone was very, very easy with this scope. Unlike any magnified optic, Obzor sits just right for the whole body, canted to either left or right side.

rain was heavy, an lenses held very well to high humidity and showed zero fogging up

The we decided to go back to the 100 meter range and see of the POI has shifted after being slammed on the ground.

indeed there was a POI shift, but minimal. about an inch right and up. Beatifull.

you can see the triangle pattern that is around my finger (3 shots) and all i did was make (1) click to the left and you can see the 3 shots in the 10 ring right after.
The tritium lights up very nice. This is the view of the 100 meter line, and the steel silhouette that we hung up for practice. Hitting it off hand is not even a challenge with this scope, even while RAPID fire and moving.

and this is the man-size silhouette after dumping a mag into it off hand while moving. Obzor makes it easy to hit different colour targets, due to its dually lit reticle.

We then proceded to do the same @ 200 meters. Shooting off hand into this target was also a piece of cake. Rapid fire, fast acquisition makes this scope a great asset.
here is the 200 meter view

filter on/off

hitting chickens and pig was a also not an issue

man solhouette @ 200 meters off hand rapid fire

so what are the downsides? Honestly, i cant find any off top my head. The glass in this scope is way better then PK_AS and Kobra and slightly better then Rakurs.
I guess the FOV could be a little bigger, but then you get the added weight of the larger lens. The polarizing filter plain kicks ass, and works really well.
Since the Obzor was designed to be shot with BOTH eyes open (with left you see everything in front, and around, while with right you see the same picture THROUGH the scope and see the reticle...like stereo vision) it makes it a great reflex/collimator scope. In fact i like it more then my PK-AS and Kobra.
-light
-robust
-no batteries needed (H3)
-Made for AK series of rifles
-great glass/kickass reticle
-holds zero while on/off the scope
-polarizing filter for FOV enhancement during varios lighting conditions

or you can do like many wise men on this board said- HUH, just buy and Aimpoint!

:beer:
cost: around 400$. worth every penny. Highly recommended, feel free to contact me for further info

See less See more
#27 ·
Re: Another Russian JUNK-Obzor 1P63 Collimator Review.......

After reading this review, i just order this junk from Kalinka....now its waiting game.......thanks for the review.
Tuesday, 11/29
I just got the sight from Kalinka, that was fast, this little thing its build like a tank......pic's later.....
Update, after many trips to the range and one carbine class, i order me second Obzor from Kalinka today 2/25.
3/3 i was gona order my third Obzor but they jack the price to $470......and they are not in stock o well....

#28 ·

prom93 said:
After reading this review, i just order this junk from Kalinka....now its waiting game.......thanks for the review.
Tuesday, 11/29
I just got the sight from Kalinka, that was fast, this little thing its build like a tank......pic's later.....
Update, after many trips to the range and one carbine class, i order me second Obzor from Kalinka today 2/25.
3/3 i was gona order my third Obzor but they jack the price to $470......and they are not in stock o well....
WELL? Where's the pics? Your almost a year overdue.

#29 ·

jrsuds said:
prom93 said:
Tuesday, 11/29
WELL? Where's the pics? Your almost a year overdue.
Ok ok, this is my first one, installed on the 106....maybe ill get more pictures later.....
[

]

This post has been deleted