AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another SKS for me, this will make my 9th. This is absolutely the nicest stock I have seen on an SKS, and rivals any American made stock I have seen. I used to have a mini 30, the finish on this is at least as good as it was on the mini, and the wood is better. All matching #'s of course, it appears to be unfired, and is a bit of an oddball; the bayo lug requires a rivet, but the barrel is screwed in. $175 OTD. Oh, and it's factory [0136]



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
900 Posts
:shock: Niiiiiccccce! :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
900 Posts
TRue; unless you can see the finish in the raceway slots on the bolt becoming shiny or the boltface showing trace wear, there isn't much way to tell. I'm glad that you got one that seems so new. Well done ! Great finish, too. Looks like it was 0000 steel-wooled. Very smooth. :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Grim Reaper said:
TRue; unless you can see the finish in the raceway slots on the bolt becoming shiny or the boltface showing trace wear, there isn't much way to tell. I'm glad that you got one that seems so new. Well done ! Great finish, too. Looks like it was 0000 steel-wooled. Very smooth. :grin:
I think you got a great deal, but It doesn't look like a Chinese man finished that stock.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
555th said:
Grim Reaper said:
TRue; unless you can see the finish in the raceway slots on the bolt becoming shiny or the boltface showing trace wear, there isn't much way to tell. I'm glad that you got one that seems so new. Well done ! Great finish, too. Looks like it was 0000 steel-wooled. Very smooth. :grin:
I think you got a great deal, but It doesn't look like a Chinese man finished that stock.
Heck, it doesn't even look like Chinese wood. :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
i have seen it once before but i couldnt be sure if it wasnt a yugo stock on a norinco but yours im sure cos it has the swivel on the side like the early chinese sks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
curtton said:
i have seen it once before but i couldnt be sure if it wasnt a yugo stock on a norinco but yours im sure cos it has the swivel on the side like the early chinese sks.
That, and the #'s match
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
On -ONE- occasion, I've seen a stock like that on an SKS at a local store by my house. Like you, I was also taken back by it. Really looked it over for a moment cause I could'nt figure out if someone messed with it, or if it was just a pristine example. Numbers matched and it had the side swivel as well. I dont believe it was the normal Chu wood. (think thats what its called?)

I dunno? I left believing it was original chinese, but an anomoly at that. I could certainly be wrong though.

Nice score anyway :smile: If you cant find the rivet, I'm sure one could be made fiarly easily. Ive seen ones that are actual rivets, and then ones that are simply pins with flared out ends.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top