AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A guy on gun boards found this while watching a video about the Syrian conflict. He gave me permission to post it here. Any ideas on origin?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
:eek: Another one to collect...

Aside from the script the mag also lacks the rib that is usually on the rear of the side.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I think its just some real heavy black goo written on the side.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I think its just some real heavy black goo written on the side.
Too much gap between the vertical and horizontal ribs for that to be the only difference. Looks to me, from the one picture, that the horizontal ribs would normally end where the Arabic is - looks like a gap was purposely made for the markings.

They do have a large cottage industry modifying and turning out weapons for the Rebels. Certainly possible there is a small metal shop some where in Syria making these.

Would help greatly if the markings could be translated.

Could be the Syrian rebel version of the Bosnian Boyscout.

He has not responded to my request for a link either.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Claim being maid on another website:

"Liwa al-Islam (banner of Islam) is one of the terrorist groups fighting in Syria...perhaps they've personalized their kit?"

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
banner of islam is what it says or? whatever language or what it says should help id its origins. that's a really cool new variant. the rear rib on the side the bullets ride on is faded out and missing on some mags ive seen from m22 Chinese mags where stamping die just wore out more and more and they seem to work okay still but missing completely makes you wonder if reliable. there must be a lot of variations we don't see here in the free world yet for years because the places they reside are deathtraps to westerners. ive got a bakelite mag where the bakelite looks like a Romanian ak74 upper handguard bakelite with all the extra swirls grain and color kinda like early Russian bakelite ak mag prototypes

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
oops I hit the reply button....anyway that odd 762 bakelite mag has no markings and blued parts. came out of Iraq just unknown what the heck it is. could be early Russian but more likely north Korean or arab or Romanian if you look at some odd aspects of its manufacture like snaggly overhanging floorplate design and rough deburr from mold. its real bakelite not Khyber fake stuff. that mag and a couple others might never id. does anyone know what the top of this mag looks like that's in the sand in pic? maybe theres a factory emblem or something on the other side.

·
Registered
844 Posts
oops I hit the reply button....anyway that odd 762 bakelite mag has no markings and blued parts. came out of Iraq just unknown what the heck it is. could be early Russian but more likely north Korean or arab or Romanian if you look at some odd aspects of its manufacture like snaggly overhanging floorplate design and rough deburr from mold. its real bakelite not Khyber fake stuff. that mag and a couple others might never id. does anyone know what the top of this mag looks like that's in the sand in pic? maybe theres a factory emblem or something on the other side.
Would love to see pics!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts