AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I a pretty well set for AK kits. I just got done piecing together a STG-58 and would like to have another. I have never owned a G3 and never been a big fan of HK 308's....If you were to build one of the two, Would you build the 2nd FAL, or add a G3 to the collection.

ETA:

What are the costs involved in a G3 build?

·
Registered
714 Posts
G3Kits are about $300-400
Rec. about $200
US parts ?
If you are going to build it yourself you better know how to weld. I am in the process of building one now but I can't weld I will have to farm that part out.

If you really don't like HK type rifles go for the 2nd FAL. They are always a good choice. I just got a Para to go along with my Izzy HB.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Why would you build a G3 when you can get a brand new JLD from SARCO for $600? It seems like it would cost less and you would still have a great rifle. Can someone tell me what Im missing.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
thedukeryan said:
Why would you build a G3 when you can get a brand new JLD from SARCO for $600? It seems like it would cost less and you would still have a great rifle. Can someone tell me what Im missing.
+1 I would like to know what too??... The JLD Fit, Finish, & Function are fantastic! They've been building them for quite some time. :wink:

·
Registered
698 Posts
If your a collector/ shooter, then you need a G3 style rifle in your safe. It a very good rifle. I had mine built ..$$$$ but Money wasn't a concern. I wanted a top knotch G3 rifle with all the evil features but built as well as any HK from the factory or close anyhow. Mark Graham built mine. I got about $1000 in it. Shoots like a dream and is close to M14 accuratecy . More accurate than both my FAL's. Not by much but alittle. The Mags can be had for $1 right now if you jump and buy them before they go back up. You said you already had a FAL. G3 is next. Just do it...... The JDL route don't sound bad either. Mines built on a JDL reciever. Good stuff. But I was able to retain my military barrel and furniture. I went the route of FCG ( 3 ea parts ) Reciever ( 1 ea ) ( front trunion USA ) (1 ea) . and then to put me way over the top I went with ( USA mag followers and floor plates ) ( 2 ea Parts ) 7 USA parts to get my import parts count down. If your on the budget.. look at the JDL line. Good Luck WarDawg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts