AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to debate here, but I have noticed ammo prices coming down a bit.

The distributors are trying to be really quiet about it by not advertising in a overt way, but if you look at websites really closely you can find "sales" on various .223 ammo other than on their main home page.
I think the ammo vendors know the ammo bubble has burst and the market won't support their outrageous prices anymore.

Also, I found that if you call many of the distributors they will give you a "quantity" discount on quantities no one would really define as "quanity".
(such as two cases).

I find this funny because ammo is about to drop in price, and the vendors are trying to sell their ammo for sale prices secretly behind each others backs. Just call around for quantity prices and you'll find out. Also, check AIMS website for their so called "Sale" on 62 grn. Prvi (it's cheaper than the M193), but it is not advertised on their main ammo page as on sale, you have to dig to find it.

I am not trying to be an ass towards the vendors, just the market is adjusting in our favor and I feel they are trying to squeeze every dime out of us they can before the bubble bursts.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
What distributors offered such a discount?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check over at ar15.com and look for "and lower in bulk" :wink:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
308inthebush said:
Not a member there. Why not just post it here?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry,

Palmetto State Armory

I really don't want to start a S#@T Storm, but I trully believe that none of the distributors want to be "the one" to burst the bubble, but they are so backed up on inventory they have got to sell.

Also Q, did you check AIM's site on the 62 grain?

·
Registered
785 Posts
They haven't been making profits on me. I just about quit shooting. I hope the war in Iraq ends soon so ammo prices will plunge.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I think 2 things are feeding the slight price drops

1. Market sales. People are not buying in quantity at the obsurd high prices.

+

2. Availibility. More 5.56/.223 has become available recently for non government sales.

·
Registered
93 Posts
8mm has dropped too. i've seen some of the 900 rnd. tins for $200. at the fun shows.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
My local shop has the 200 rnd Lith battle packs of 308 NATO for $104.90 plus tax.

Wolf 7.63x39 fmj for $179.99 per k.

My local shop is now beating many mail order places!
Yeah, I agree, they are starting to come down. I don't see them coming down too much. But the prices are easing.

·
Registered
589 Posts
not true, our margins are at a 5 year low, we are working skinnier to try to make it up in volume, and because of volume our sales are close to normal but profit is way down.

I think the importers and Manufacturers are making higher profits on their Ammo but are selling allot less. I was in Centurys warehouse a few weeks ago and they had about 5 SKUs of ammo in bulk. Usually they have 5 times that.

you must remember this is SUMMER, this is the time that the industry is dead for the last 20 years, and thats when more companies flash deals to get interest back. Most guys are boating, fishing, mowing, vacation, etc and not thinking about shooting.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Most guys are boating, fishing, mowing, vacation, etc and not thinking about shooting[quote:vjvzou5b]

hmmm...i dont have a boat, a fish or a lawn. i am self employed so vacations are tough. i do however like to go shooting and shopping for deals
[/quote:vjvzou5b]

·
Banned
698 Posts
High gasoline prices, high food prices and high prices for everything from utilities to underwear have pretty much squeezed out everybodies discretionary income.

Guns and Ammo are a discretionary items that don't sell well at all when money is tight.

Distributors have gone from large volume sales at high prices to almost no sales at high prices so sure they are ALL going to start discounting just so they can clear out thier inventory.

What happens once they unload slow moving inventory is that they do NOT restock it.......and that means ammo is not only going to remain expensive, it will even become hard to find.

We are still in the 50% economy. Our money is worth half what it was two years ago.....but it is beginning to go up in value relative to other currencies as a new "normal" econmy develops.

I do forsee a problem with Russian made products vanishing fairly soon as well. The Russians have gone back to being the thugs that they are and that will have consequences,

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
s70fan said:
High gasoline prices, high food prices and high prices for everything from utilities to underwear have pretty much squeezed out everybodies discretionary income.

Guns and Ammo are a discretionary items that don't sell well at all when money is tight.

Distributors have gone from large volume sales at high prices to almost no sales at high prices so sure they are ALL going to start discounting just so they can clear out thier inventory.

What happens once they unload slow moving inventory is that they do NOT restock it.......and that means ammo is not only going to remain expensive, it will even become hard to find.

I believe you hit the nail on the head! Buy what you can afford, and cut your shooting down is going to be a common thing for most of us in the near future.

We are still in the 50% economy. Our money is worth half what it was two years ago.....but it is beginning to go up in value relative to other currencies as a new "normal" econmy develops.

I do forsee a problem with Russian made products vanishing fairly soon as well. The Russians have gone back to being the thugs that they are and that will have consequences,

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
I'm sick of vendors fixing prices and keeping the ammo market inflated.... :evil:

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Price fixing only works when the demand is there, when the demand drops off, supplies go up, prices fall.....capitalism at its finest! 1 more time, buy it cheap, stack it deep, and stay out of that cycle.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Rotdorn said:
Price fixing only works when the demand is there, when the demand drops off, supplies go up, prices fall.....capitalism at its finest! 1 more time, buy it cheap, stack it deep, and stay out of that cycle.
true that.... its econ 101 .... too many examples to list but it worked when oil was $140 a barrel...AAA reported that miles driven in the US during may was down 8% from prior year...oil dropped to $113.

also look at the price of the saiga 12ga....guys were asking ridiculous money for them when they dried up ... price should have gone down when the latest batch arrived to the US earlier this month but vendors are asking AND receiving over $600 for them ....

buyers need to wise up and ban together if they are sick of the prices

·
Registered
735 Posts
308inthebush said:
Is that the thread that has the link to the page with all the different vendor prices per 1000? I've been trying to find that thread again (I forgot to book mark it)

Can you link it? I did a search and came up empty.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts