AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
8,046 Posts
bovver said:
hate people like that,jerks are everywhere.
and many of them drive BMWs - at least around here.

· Registered
6,115 Posts
Well, I had a BMW - but never will own another so I guess I can drop this joke off here.

Whats the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

...The porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

· Registered
23,494 Posts
WarBaby said:
Well, I had a BMW - but never will own another so I guess I can drop this joke off here.

lmao you beat me to it! :allright:

· Registered
1,969 Posts
WarBaby said:

I always wanted a bmw....and my wife says Im a prick.
eh,I will keep my vw.
what kind of people are vw people?

· Registered
8,046 Posts
bovver said:
WarBaby said:

I always wanted a bmw....and my wife says Im a prick.
eh,I will keep my vw.
what kind of people are vw people?
Smart and practical. ('84 Jetta Diesel owner).

· Registered
743 Posts
Different perspective for you guys:

You're driving down a deserted country road when you look in your rear view mirror and see a car you dont recognize coming up on you fast. You accelerate to try to put some distance between you. Its a windy road and you are forced to hit speeds that you feel are way unsafe, but you cant shake him. Finally, you decide to stop.

Is it a car jacker?
Thugs looking to rob you?
Worse?

Now, how many of you have your gun drawn when you step out of that BMW?

The kid in the Mazda was being an asshat. The sad part is that, judging from the text he inserted on the video, he doesn't realize the danger he put the other individual in, or the fact that he coulda been shot for that stunt.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
What an asshat, guess he didn't like a car that sells for 1/2 the cost showing him up. :wink:

· Registered
89 Posts
mymojo said:
Different perspective for you guys:

You're driving down a deserted country road when you look in your rear view mirror and see a car you dont recognize coming up on you fast. You accelerate to try to put some distance between you. Its a windy road and you are forced to hit speeds that you feel are way unsafe, but you cant shake him. Finally, you decide to stop.

Is it a car jacker?
Thugs looking to rob you?
Worse?

Now, how many of you have your gun drawn when you step out of that BMW?

The kid in the Mazda was being an asshat. The sad part is that, judging from the text he inserted on the video, he doesn't realize the danger he put the other individual in, or the fact that he coulda been shot for that stunt.
The BMW owner placed himself in even more risk by getting out of the car. Which of the three options you proposed warranted stopping in the middle of the road and walking towards the "threat"? He decided to scold the mazda driver rather than seek safety. He got mad and it got the better of him. Walking at someone's car like that can get you shot too. ;) He shouldn't have pulled out in front of them in the first place. He misjudged their speed and got mad when they closed on him.

· Registered
743 Posts
Sure it was dumb of the BMW driver to get out. But adrenalin dumps cause people to react differently. We've all hit that point where we said "F*** this" and turned to fight. The video clearly shows he attempted to flee the threat first. When he couldnt he turned to defend himself - at least that's how any half decent defense lawyer would frame it.

And... he didnt pull out in front of the mazda. There was a couple of hundred yards between them as evidenced by the mazda never having to slow down. In fact he had to speed up to catch him. That "pull out right in front of me" is just the Mazda driver trying spin the situation.

The Mazda driver assumed the other guy knew they were playing - the video tells a different story.

Everyone seems to assume just because this guy drives a BWM he's automatically a douchebag that got butt hurt (BTW I drive a Ford, so no dog in that fight). And maybe he was. But I simply see a different point of view: being chased down a deserted country road by unknown people with unknown intentions would set any of us on high alert - and most of us here on this board would have had a hand on our gun when we stepped out of that BWM (so I'm assuming hes not a member here! lol) -and likely would get no billed by a grand jury...at least here in Texas

· Registered
743 Posts
JColdIron said:
.. Walking at someone's car like that can get you shot too. ;)
As I mentioned in the comments of the video, had the mazda driver pulled a gun he would have been facing felony charges. In no state in the Union can you claim self defense when you are the one doing the chasing.

· Registered
89 Posts
mymojo said:
JColdIron said:
As I mentioned in the comments of the video, had the mazda driver pulled a gun he would have been facing felony charges. In no state in the Union can you claim self defense when you are the one doing the chasing.
I do not want an argument but I think we see this in two different viewpoints and that is fine. ;) To me: The BMW pulled out ( not "right out") and the mazda had to put it in neutral not to overtake him. BMW sees him in the rear view and guiltily gooses the throttle and tries to pull away. He ends up going faster than he is comfortable and panic brakes when the hard turn comes up. I think he scares the crap out of himself right then as you said has an adrenaline dump. The mazda at no point even comes close to tailgating the BMW. Match speed, yes. Have to decelerate quickly because the BMW driver balks at the hard turn, yes. Debatable if that could be considered chasing or not.

Stoping the car was a mistake. Had the mazda driver, or anyone behind him at speed on a windy road, not seen this it could have been disasterous. If you are going to stop, pull out of the roadway. If you can't do that safely then keep driving. Leaving the car was also a mistake by the BMW driver. He should have kept going. The mazda was never a threat. Pest perhaps, but drivers here regularly tailgate me with more vigor than that and I have yet to get out of my truck to discuss it with them. :grin:

· Registered
788 Posts
mymojo said:
JColdIron said:
Who was chasing? Does it mean the next time I'm on a two lane road like that, and I'm behind someone that I'm "chasing" them?
Getting out of the car is dumb. Just drive your speed, get to where you're going, and if some jackass behind you has a problem with it, who gives a shit? If he's following too close and hits someone from behind, he's liable. Now, if the guy in the front speeds up because his ego can't take it and rams into someone... who's the idiot now?

People get way to pissed off and try to justify themselves and their actions far too often. Just drive!

· Registered
288 Posts
mymojo said:
The video clearly shows he attempted to flee the threat

and most of us here on this board would have had a hand on our gun when we stepped out of that BWM
what the hell are you smoking? what threat? no horn honking, no flashing lights, no finger, no screaming out anything but you see a threat? everytime i get on the road ppl come up behind me, its called TRAFFIC.

and if you get out of the car to confront anyone, your the one committing the threatening act, ( can you say road rage? ), especially when your hand is on a gun. your preventing him from leaving , cus your blocking the road and your walking up to his car with a gun. and your gonna claim self defense? lmao, good luck with that.

· Registered
2,175 Posts
I don't trust the camera angle at all on this one. I think he was closer than it appears. If you listen carefully you can hear the engine rev just after the BMW pulls on to the road. Thats a bullshit move, if there ever was one. You can also hear/read the driver make a fuktard comment about "Lets Dance" or some BS similar. I think the dude got what he deserved. Was looking for action and found the wrong kind....Lucky Mr BMW wasn't armed and insane....ya never know now a day's.... :party:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.