AK Rifles banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Here only the city has public transportation. Suburbs have train stations but it's not exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Work with me here;
If you choose to live in the largest City, with the largest metropolitan area that also has the largest rate of infection and you can't be tested yet, you shoudl run like hell while potentially spreading this corona virus everywhere?
Actually, no for the most part the so called fly over States aren't rotten, yet. but we know that New York is pandemic. Again you choose to be a New Yorker.
Please refer to a map showing the epicenters of this out breaks. Sorry but the facts are it for the most part has yet to "rot" those of us who live in more conservative States and outside major metropolitan areas. I am sure however that this virus will spread and to some great degree is being spread by those people who are fleeing the epicenters.
Can you name a Major metropolitan area that isn't a "Sanctuary City"? Can you name one with both a Conservative Governor and a Mayor? Can you name one now not in crisis?
Things only become divisive when you lay out the facts and people refuse to accept facts and continue to toe the party line instead.
Divisive is coming on TV for a daily briefing and asking for ventilators when you've got ventilators your not using in reserve.
I dunno man, I have this feeling you sleep in the bed you made, if suddenly all around you is chaos, isn't it important to understand why it happened like that and how to prevent it, or is it better to run like hell spreading more chaos?
A lot of New Yorkers are going to Florida. My parents are there now and coming back early partly because of that. People from New York with a lot of money are buying hotels in Florida and staying in them with their friends. Florida just recently issued a stay at home order that starts Friday. Florida has 2-3 times as many cases as Ohio does.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
It would be interesting to know what if any differences there are between New York and California in regards to the habits or conditions between the two, cause things certainly seem to have took a little better turn of events for your area than the east coast it seems.
Far more mass transportation in NYC than Cali.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
We have a different culture here. Seriously.

Very little to no public transportation. Or insignificant for that matter. Yes, you have places (San Crapcisco) with more buses, trams, BART, whatever...
In some cases we don't even have sidewalks.
Also, remember that 80's song, "Nobody walks in LA"?

We are isolated as a state can be.
Everybody drives alone in their car, Drive-thru everything here.

Where I live, once it's dark nobody is outside at all. You can here the grass grow. And I am in the middle of the geographical Los Angeles area. This is the case when things are normal, no outbreak, pandemic, health-scare, none of that, just normal lifestyle.

We have miles of wide beaches (no they are closed - which is totally stupid) and people are not packed together. We like to maintain our distance from others no matter what. We hate ourselves maybe. Can't stand being around people because there are way too many of here.

Tourists are mainly the ones going to Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, etc. Yes locals too don't get me wrong. But again, we hate being around people.

So, yes... cars save lives.
So gang bangers are out only during the day?

·
Registered
delete me
1,036 Posts
What about them?

I didn't say gangs didn't exist, I said the culture died. You can't get rid of them entirely that's impossible. Gangs in the United States are totally different than what used to go on in California, and gangs in California are basically riding the coat tails what they used to be. Now true, they still very much exist, but I stand by my statement when I say the culture has died and it's nothing like the 80's and 90's, or even the early 00's.

Today, in California, Northern and Southern Mexicans have somewhat of a standing truce behind prison walls. You have no idea the magnitude of what that actually means, or how it even got to that point. They simply don't have the power to continue as they once did, and that's because of quality and quantity. Gangs as we once knew are a thing of the past regardless of what's still thriving. Honestly, who gives a shit anyway? The vast majority of the time they are only destroying each other. I could careless if a bunch of idiots want to kill each other over imaginary bullshit. I say fuck em and let them do it. The less idiots in the world the better.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
What about them?

I didn't say gangs didn't exist, I said the culture died. You can't get rid of them entirely that's impossible. Gangs in the United States are totally different than what used to go on in California, and gangs in California are basically riding the coat tails what they used to be. Now true, they still very much exist, but I stand by my statement when I say the culture has died and it's nothing like the 80's and 90's, or even the early 00's.

Today, in California, Northern and Southern Mexicans have somewhat of a standing truce behind prison walls. You have no idea the magnitude of what that actually means, or how it even got to that point. They simply don't have the power to continue as they once did, and that's because of quality and quantity. Gangs as we once knew are a thing of the past regardless of what's still thriving. Honestly, who gives a shit anyway? The vast majority of the time they are only destroying each other. I could careless if a bunch of idiots want to kill each other over imaginary bullshit. I say fuck em and let them do it. The less idiots in the world the better.
So what does all this have to do with the price of tea in China? All I wanted to know is if gangs come out only during the day. I never said one word about how many gangs there are in LA. I call bs on no one being out at night in a city of about 4 million. I have been to many different size cities at night and there are always people out. Even the rural area I live in, I can't go more than a few minutes without seeing a car driving by.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
So what does all this have to do with the price of tea in China? All I wanted to know is if gangs come out only during the day. I never said one word about how many gangs there are in LA. I call bs on no one being out at night in a city of about 4 million. I have been to many different size cities at night and there are always people out. Even the rural area I live in, I can't go more than a few minutes without seeing a car driving by.
Typically at night gangs like to come out in large numbers and set up road blocks and barricades. Then they turn everything into a kind of Escape from NY/Mad Max/Death Wish kinda area. In the morning everything goes back to the way it was.....of course

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Typically at night gangs like to come out in large numbers and set up road blocks and barricades. Then they turn everything into a kind of Escape from NY/Mad Max/Death Wish kinda area. In the morning everything goes back to the way it was.....of course
dixy2k originally said once it is dark no one is outside. I said "what about gangs?". People keep trying to change what I said or what I am referring to.

·
Registered
delete me
1,036 Posts
OK, which one of you assholes posted a WBP Fox for 4,500.00 on FL Gun Trader?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
dixy2k originally said once it is dark no one is outside. I said "what about gangs?". People keep trying to change what I said or what I am referring to.
I was being sarcastic. I'm sure some gangbangers are out. Can't rule it out but wouldn't be too concerned about it either. Used to do repos in the ghettos of Trenton NJ and Philadelphia. Summer time, 2am, two white guys in a $90k Lexus SUV doing repos with nothing more than a car key. Sure people were out but meh, couldn't tell who's who, people doing their own thing

341 - 355 of 355 Posts