AK Rifles banner

301 - 320 of 355 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,688 Posts
The reason Cuomo is hording these is very simple; he along with the mayor of NYC were downplaying this virus, and even as late as March 3rd, the mayor was telling people to go out and live normally...that was around 3 weeks ago. Now what's the score? NYC is no the epicenter of this virus in the US, and those that can afford it are fleeing like rats off a sinking ship. The governor of RI actually forced to have the NG seek these people out, and ask them to please self quarantine.
Cuomo did not help this situation at all, and the mayor is equally guilty, so lets see how they handle themselves. I wish them luck, but if the past is prolog with these fools, that city is in for a rough ride.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Just to inform u from news from my country so that u know what to maybe expect soon. From yesterday, it is forbiden to go outside from 19h till 05h (monday - friday). And from 13h saturday till 05h monday. Everybody outside will be arrested. I think you will have this in New York soon.

·
Registered
595 Posts
They don't have jails big enough. The police have the virus also. I'm scared.
I foresee a total CHIMPOUT in New York if they tried this. People going apeshit crazy like in Planet of The Apes.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
They don't have jails big enough. The police have the virus also. I'm scared.
I foresee a total CHIMPOUT in New York if they tried this. People going apeshit crazy like in Planet of The Apes.
There are too many people in New York for anyone to quickly move out of the City unless they fly out. The ones driving South who every election year vote true blue regardless of what is good for America are absolute hypocrites.
To leave the Big Apple while potential spreading this virus to those who live in "Fly Over States" only shows that when it comes down to it, they are simply rats willing and able to leave a sinking ship and are willing to stand on your back to attain some semblance of safety.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Just to inform u from news from my country so that u know what to maybe expect soon. From yesterday, it is forbiden to go outside from 19h till 05h (monday - friday). And from 13h saturday till 05h monday. Everybody outside will be arrested. I think you will have this in New York soon.

Our countries are very different.
Our police stated they will not intervene in minor infraction cases.
Our cities are very large.

Now to your country and others in EU.
That's an extremely stupid law.
To make it illegal for people to be outside in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep and there is no danger in coming into contact with anyone is indeed stupid.
It's fine to go buy toilet paper during the day when many other people are around, but it's not ok to walk your dog when there is nobody on the street.

And don't feel bad if EU comes out in a really bad light in my post. Here in US we have idiots too. For example the cops. You are not allowed on the beach here in California where we have miles of wide beaches, but you are allowed to share a very narrow sidewalk with anyone on the street, or... buy toilet paper at a grocery store.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
. Here in US we have idiots too. For example the cops. You are not allowed on the beach here in California where we have miles of wide beaches, but you are allowed to share a very narrow sidewalk with anyone on the street, or... buy toilet paper at a grocery store.
The cops didn't come up with that. It's not like they all got together and came up with what could and couldn't be done.

You're allowed to walk on the sidewalk because there is no other option unless you walk on the road. On the other hand you don't need to be on the beach.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Our countries are very different.
Our police stated they will not intervene in minor infraction cases.
Our cities are very large.

Now to your country and others in EU.
That's an extremely stupid law.
To make it illegal for people to be outside in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep and there is no danger in coming into contact with anyone is indeed stupid.
It's fine to go buy toilet paper during the day when many other people are around, but it's not ok to walk your dog when there is nobody on the street.

And don't feel bad if EU comes out in a really bad light in my post. Here in US we have idiots too. For example the cops. You are not allowed on the beach here in California where we have miles of wide beaches, but you are allowed to share a very narrow sidewalk with anyone on the street, or... buy toilet paper at a grocery store.
I am not from eu nor I care for european union, for me it is just another version of soviet union. We are not so different because any government first look at themselves, and if you dont have prisons they will make camps it wont be first time in your history dont feel bad for me saying this. I just share informations since this is the only english speaking forum that I am member... So let me share a joke - Why we dont have many corona virus infected here do you know? Because it spreads from man to man! (I heard this joke today).

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
black market TP. I wonder if people will start stealing ass paper from public restrooms, re-rolling them (or not, 'easier to store without the roll!") and selling them.

Healthcare companies, P&G, Johnson and Johnson would be good picks for stocks. They're already on an upswing* (* I'm so far from a stock market expert it's not funny. Super don't listen to me. disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer!!)

Thieves Steal Toilet Paper at Sleeping Bear Dunes' Restrooms

More

EMPIRE, MICH. (AP) – Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in northern Michigan has closed all of its restrooms after vandals ransacked them and made off with toilet paper and hand sanitizer, two items made scarce by the coronavirus pandemic.

Park Superintendent Scott Tucker said vandals unrolled entire rolls of toilet paper and broke plastic dispensers in the restrooms to steal bags full of hand sanitizer over the weekend. In response, the park locked all of its restrooms, including rustic vault toilets, on Monday because they lack items needed for visitors to safely use them.

“We’re dealing with damage to restroom facilities and the inability for visitors to maintain proper handwashing,” he told MLive.com.

Tucker said he anticipates the park will eventually reopen a few vault toilets, but only when enough supplies are available, including personal protective equipment for park staff to safely clean and maintain those facilities.

The park’s outdoor spaces, including trails, remain open to the public under the stay-at-home order Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued Monday to stem the spread of the coronavirus. Outdoor recreation activities such as walking, hiking and cycling are exempt from that order, although the park has closed its campgrounds.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
One of the primary elements of Soviet (now Russian) propaganda is too bury an unpopular topic in irrelevant, distracting noise. A thousand “but what abouts...”, the favorite tactic when there is no truth to support the State’s position.
Well put. It is not just our adversaries that use this technique.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
There are too many people in New York for anyone to quickly move out of the City unless they fly out. The ones driving South who every election year vote true blue regardless of what is good for America are absolute hypocrites.
To leave the Big Apple while potential spreading this virus to those who live in "Fly Over States" only shows that when it comes down to it, they are simply rats willing and able to leave a sinking ship and are willing to stand on your back to attain some semblance of safety.

Forum protocols prevent me from calling this the way I see it, but what a bunch of f'ing crap. People are people in a crisis, they do what they can to increase their safety, but let's just vilify an entire population because of where they live. So Democrats are made hypocrites by driving south through states where there are fewer Democrats... That not wanting to be somewhere dangerous makes them rats off a sinking ship (does this apply to Republican majority cities or just the Dems?)... That there are not also millions of Republicans in NYC... That the "so-called" flyover states are not rotten with the virus already, particularly the Florida cesspool? This is utter divisive BS.

Reactions: Averageman

·
Banned
547 Posts

Ok now I saw everything, I would never imagine Russia sending aid to US just few weeks ago.

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Sister can look out her living room window and Boom, four blacks away, there is the Empire State Building.
She's said all along, "This is nothing to worry about!", "I wont allow guns in my house !" and now I have a transsexual "Nephew."
It's going to be a hell of a ride, they're heading for Utah to ride it out in the snow.
Ahh, so they're going out there to possibly infect the mid-western crowd! Who said NYC folk aren't generous...

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Forum protocols prevent me from calling this the way I see it, but what a bunch of f'ing crap. People are people in a crisis, they do what they can to increase their safety, but let's just vilify an entire population because of where they live. So Democrats are made hypocrites by driving south through states where there are fewer Democrats... That not wanting to be somewhere dangerous makes them rats off a sinking ship (does this apply to Republican majority cities or just the Dems?)... That there are not also millions of Republicans in NYC... That the "so-called" flyover states are not rotten with the virus already, particularly the Florida cesspool? This is utter divisive BS.
Work with me here;
If you choose to live in the largest City, with the largest metropolitan area that also has the largest rate of infection and you can't be tested yet, you shoudl run like hell while potentially spreading this corona virus everywhere?
Actually, no for the most part the so called fly over States aren't rotten, yet. but we know that New York is pandemic. Again you choose to be a New Yorker.
Please refer to a map showing the epicenters of this out breaks. Sorry but the facts are it for the most part has yet to "rot" those of us who live in more conservative States and outside major metropolitan areas. I am sure however that this virus will spread and to some great degree is being spread by those people who are fleeing the epicenters.
Can you name a Major metropolitan area that isn't a "Sanctuary City"? Can you name one with both a Conservative Governor and a Mayor? Can you name one now not in crisis?
Things only become divisive when you lay out the facts and people refuse to accept facts and continue to toe the party line instead.
Divisive is coming on TV for a daily briefing and asking for ventilators when you've got ventilators your not using in reserve.
I dunno man, I have this feeling you sleep in the bed you made, if suddenly all around you is chaos, isn't it important to understand why it happened like that and how to prevent it, or is it better to run like hell spreading more chaos?

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Ahh, so they're going out there to possibly infect the mid-western crowd! Who said NYC folk aren't generous...
I think Utah is pretty much "West" rather than Midwest, but yeah, But really, she's been a little pain in my ass since she was born.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
If there is suddenly chaos around me and I didn't cause it I'm not sleeping in a bed I made and I'm not sticking around to find out why.

301 - 320 of 355 Posts