AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My manager recently found out I was into Combloc guns and handed me an issue of "Small Arms Review" from 2002. There was an article in it I though was interesting that showed the prototype phases of what we now know as the AN94. I know its not a traditional Kalashnikov but I thought some of you would find it interesting. I didnt have much time to read it but I did take pictures of all the prototypes. The descriptions are pretty interesting. The order of the pictures should be the order the prototypes were developed in. Anyways, I hope you enjoy. Sorry if the pictures are too small or blurry.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Prototypes are so cool! Even if the mag sticks in the side of one gun and the FSB is backwards in another.

Just really cool ideas!

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
The mag is angled on the AN-94, just not to that extent.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Its angled to make room for the part of the recoil system.
I think #6 is especially interesting because the magazine actually moves back and fourth while firing

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
really? that's wild.
was just reading about the uk-59 and how the handgrip is used to cock the gun/clear jams w/out taking hand off not that its the same but...
neat functions.
would love to go to museums in Russia.....

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Interesting concept weapon it seems the execution did not live up to expectations unfortunately...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts