AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sad:

If you've noticed I haven't been here much this week.

The worst finally happened and my employer decided to completely ban all unauthorized internet use at work. There had been a couple of previous attempts at this, but this time he had learned how to go deep into the hard drive to find websites people had visited even if you delete the history, etc. Only because the lazy dumb fuck doesn't want to train anybody else did I keep my job...this time. In fact, I may not even necessarily be doing the same job, or doing it at the same time of the day.

So....to make a long story short there won't be any more AK pics posted by me since I'm on dialup at home. And if I can't use my Photobucket account on the high speed network at work, then there's no use my having a "paid" Photobucket account.

So I'd like to find a way to turn all those AK pics over to you or someone else so that they don't disappear. Some of those pics have been removed from their original sources, so the AK Forum is literally the only place other than Photobucket to see some of them.

Please save the pics!

I'm paid up for my "paid" Photobucket pro through November or December, so we've got time to figure out how to save the pics before I disable that automatic pay process, but seriously...this is BAD juju this time. I don't dare access any of the forum or anything else personal at work ever again.

I probably won't even be on the forum but once or twice a week from here on, so I'm going to be disabling my PM's, etc.

I will leave my PM's active another week so you guys can decide how we're going to do this. I'd love to make it simple and just maybe give someone who runs this place my Photobucket logon and password or something. We'll figure it out.

I will miss not being on the forum every day, but more importantly I want to save those pics!

· Registered
3,582 Posts
I hate to see a change for the worse like this, you have been an asset to the forum for the year + that I have made this place a part of my life, the photos and news and info, all priceless. I assume you only have dial up because of your location ?

· Registered
3,098 Posts
Back them up on dvd or get someone here to do that

eta: you can go to the library for hs internet if need be...

· Registered
3,098 Posts
will36 said:
Andyman said:
Back them up on dvd or get someone here to do that

eta: you can go to the library for hs internet if need be...
And go on the "LIST " asap. :twisted: Might as well have fun with that and leave this up on the screen when you leave the libary. :bd:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teller%E2%80%93Ulam_design
lol, I was thinking the same thing.....you'd be surprised what people look at on there though.... :eek:

· Registered
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to go to the library back in the day.

That would mean I'll be here even LESS than once or twice a week.

(Maybe some of you are happy at that prospect). :twisted:

I hate to ask everyone to pray for me to get a better job, since I rarely read the "please pray for..." threads....but....

What really sucks out loud is that next Wednesday is my 10-year anniversary working for that place. In commemoration of that fact the boss had to say (not just to me but in general), that in his book someone who's worked for him a long time has no more seniority than someone he just hired.

And he wonders why there's a high turnover? :wink:

Suffice it to say, I'm not happy with the situation.

I'll still be here but it won't be every day.

Goodfellas is making a CD or three.

Ideally, if we save the pics not only on CD or something, but also for the forum and on the internet, then I'll feel I've done my duty.

I "took one for the team" to find and post the pics in the first place, so now I just want to see them survive.

I'd love it if the AK Forum had its own pic library where they could last forever...but maybe that technically can't happen.

· Registered
8,159 Posts
Zane, unless your employer also pays you to surf the forum and upload photos for it, unauthorized internet usage policies are kind of a staple for many workplaces. You should work for the Department of Defense and see the policies one must adhere to there. I don't think it's really a sign of an unworthwhile job, though. I'd probably not want my employees goofing around on the internet on my dime, either. And there's a lot of computer security concerns these days as well as economic pennypinching in every possible niche of work.

At the very least, you could put all the photos from your file(s) on your computer onto a DVD. Then, send it to someone who can eventually do a bulk upload onto a host site and later re-host the photos down the road.

· Registered
119 Posts
Wait a minute...you PAID for a photobucket account, but you won't pay for better than dial-up Internet service? Dude, I only pay $15 a month for AT&T 768kbps DSL. It is just as fast as any 10mbps connection when browsing page to page on the net. The only thing that sucks is streaming videos (buffer city). I just don't see how you would be willing to risk your job over Internet access. Also, you could use a Linux live distro at work and there would be zero evidence on the local machine. Now, if your boss knows anything about his network then you are screwed.

· Registered
6,141 Posts
We clean and work on Aks, Ars ,and pistol all the time at work. Also check out the Ak forum at least twice a day to sit in the office and cool off.

We have even been know to step out behind the shop and shoot my suppressed 22. Marty plans on putting up a feeder and bow stand behind the shop this winter. We are in town right next to some woods that runs along the R.R. tracks. Lots of big in town deer just begging to be stuck with an arrow. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.