AK Rifles banner

Ammo Score, thank you S#1T Weather

729 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Saiga Man 
#1 ·
Neighbor needed a ride to store. I ran into BassPro/Cablea's while waiting. They had a bunch of 9mm. 50, 100 and 500 round packs. I was able to grab the last 500 round Win 9 for $160 plus tax and better half was able to get 8-100 packs of Win 9.

I never bought ammo from them prior to covid. Could find it way cheaper online, but not anymore. If you have one near you, check them out.

#3 ·
Congratulations! Good things come to those who help out others. I'm trying to remember my last windfall, wait, I remember it now, I found an 870 shotgun in stock at a walmart where I normally would never have been. It's now sitting in the safe.

#7 ·
I live in new yorkistan and the prices up this way are roughly about $85 for 100 rounds of 9mm brass cased. I don't even want to talk about the .223's or 308's or any of the other popular rounds. That was last I checked about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I'm wondering what the ceiling is going to be. I'm definitely in the conserving of ammo mode! I'm starting to look at what I have for extra firearms. I'll wait to see what ole child sniffing Joe is going to sign in on Executive Order's. Maybe I can pay off the rest of the house. Just looking at what happened with the Saiga rifles and shotguns? I'm wondering what is going to be next to quadruple or more in price.

#8 ·
Yeah, I've seen lots of "WTB" locally, and when I tell them I'm seeing stuff selling $1 a round online, then they have to pay tax and shipping, so I will let it go for $1 a round they act like I'm the crazy one. Then I try to explain to them I'm not trying to SELL ammo, you're trying to BUY ammo, and you have to convince me to sell what I want to keep.

#9 ·
Absolutely! I'm not selling a single round. My buddy didn't listen to me when the Un-safe Act happened in this state. I told him that once prices get back to reasonable prices, I was gonna get stocked up. Man I wish I would have gotten more. Now, he can't find a damned thing. Is it true that .223 is almost $2.00 a round for FMJ's? in brass? What I thought was a decent stock pile of 500 rounds, now seems extremely lacking. 200 rds of 308, very much the same feeling. I am lucky to a certain extent, I have a fair amount of reloading supplies in both calibers. Damn, who would have thought. LMAO I'm still in better shape than some out there from what I hear. If and when things settle back down, I'm gonna be a little more proactive with what I have on hand. I think if it comes time to start selling off some stuff, I'll sell for precious metals or a type of commodity that has more of a solid worth. At this point, that stuff is a true commodity, much more than any paper money.....just my half assed opinion.

#13 ·
Ouch. I do what I can. These damned rifles are expensive. LMAO. I'd like another 500+ of the 7.62x39 and about another 500 in the 308. I can reload for the 308. Here's a nubie question: in all seriousness, how many rounds should I really have on hand? I've always been a hunter, target shooter and other than some fun shooting, maybe 100-150 rounds just shooting these certain rifles, it seems like a decent amount of ammo for me. My bolt action rifles are my staple and are like laser beams. Those are pretty much sub-MOA and I reload as I mentioned. I only have about 100 brass for the 7.62x39. I missed the wagon for inexpensive stuff. Shit is expensive up here. I can't get ammo shipped to my door, has to go to an FFL. Stay out of NY is you expect freedoms!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.