AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a mak90 sporter starting to think there is something wrong with my rifle almost lost a eye yesterday.The primer blowout happend with tula ammo,and case rupture with nny yugo 1985, nk 84 ammo.Im not sure if its a "headspace,firing pin" problem or just bad ammo?Any thoughts thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only ammo I've tried I still have the stuck casing inside the chamber the primer and whole back side is completely gone or I'd take pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I sure don't,I was gonna drop by lowes tommorow and find a easy out and try that.And thanks!

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Good now go and buy a shell extractor. You don't need one until you need one.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
If everything looks good inside, the action is smooth, and the rifle chambers rounds with ease then Id try some different ammo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah gonna try some other brands.I called some local "gun smiths" near me they didn't even know what I was talking about when I said ak headspace gauge lol.Thanks for the replies everyone as well.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Yeah gonna try some other brands.I called some local "gun smiths" near me they didn't even know what I was talking about when I said ak headspace gauge lol.Thanks for the replies everyone as well.
Most dont. Its all good though. You got the online community to help you out. ;)

Order up some ammo from SGammo. I've shot wolf for years and have had great luck with it. The older tula stuff I know had alot of problems but the newer stuff I don't know about. Keep us informed of the outcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts