AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
413 Posts
Excellent info John, thanks.

Bill

BTW: Lets hook up at CRC sometime and shoot.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Recon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I didn't know if it is OK to post in this thread but since it is open I am posting this reply.
Thanks for the info. Yes, some cartridges will not be identified as this 7.62 x 39 example I am submitting.
Or maybe I am wrong and is easy for you to identify. If that is the case you can delete this post.
This cartridge was found in Central America during the war.
I keep it as a curiosity in my colection.



Robsalguz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
robsalguz said:
I didn't know if it is OK to post in this thread but since it is open I am posting this reply.
Thanks for the info. Yes, some cartridges will not be identified as this 7.62 x 39 example I am submitting.
Or maybe I am wrong and is easy for you to identify. If that is the case you can delete this post.
This cartridge was found in Central America during the war.
I keep it as a curiosity in my colection.



Robsalguz
The numerals are 03 and 39 on the bottom, they are arabic. Considering the direction of Arabic writting right to left (I don't know if this is also the case with numerals, or more specifically, headstamps) it could be 30 and 93.

The upsidedown V and the backwards P are likely easy for someone else to figure out. If I had to guess I would say its Jordanian or possibly egyptian of some sort. I wouldnt be surprised to find it was Iraqi, Iranian, or even Lybian.

consider checking here, probably only take some of these guys a second to answer it:

http://cartridgecollectors.org/forumintro.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Thanks!
Yes, it was found to be Iraqi. I placed this same post at a different location in this same forum and got responded. What is very intersting is how far it went.... to Central America.

The link given by you is very interesting.

Thanks B4Ctom1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
can you show me what they said about it? a link to where they told you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
robsalguz said:
Thanks!
Yes, it was found to be Iraqi. I placed this same post at a different location in this same forum and got responded. What is very intersting is how far it went.... to Central America.

The link given by you is very interesting.

Thanks B4Ctom1.
thats is for sure Iraqi I have one round in My 7.62x39mm collection also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
robsalguz said:
I didn't know if it is OK to post in this thread but since it is open I am posting this reply.
Thanks for the info. Yes, some cartridges will not be identified as this 7.62 x 39 example I am submitting.
Or maybe I am wrong and is easy for you to identify. If that is the case you can delete this post.
This cartridge was found in Central America during the war.
I keep it as a curiosity in my colection.



Robsalguz
Thats Iraqi or Egyptian. Looks like it was made on former Yugo equipment, just with horrable quality controll.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
LeibstandarteAdH said:
Thats Iraqi or Egyptian. Looks like it was made on former Yugo equipment, just with horrable quality controll.
Here is some Egyptian 8x57mm (8mm mauser)


Here is some Egyptian 9mm


Here is some Egyptian 7.62x39


and as he said:

robsalguz said:
Thanks!
Yes, it was found to be Iraqi. I placed this same post at a different location in this same forum and got responded. What is very intersting is how far it went.... to Central America.

The link given by you is very interesting.

Thanks B4Ctom1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
That appears to be same as the Egyptian ammo I fired out of my SKS in 1994. It felt hot and punctured the hell out of appliances. I never got more to shoot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,249 Posts
l

defenetly iraqi i have 5-10 box's with iraqi writing on them.Have a couple of cuban rounds,also

Thanks B4Ctom1.[/quote]
thats is for sure Iraqi I have one round in My 7.62x39mm collection also[/quote]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Re: l

caliri47 said:
defenetly iraqi i have 5-10 box's with iraqi writing on them.Have a couple of cuban rounds,also
post some pics please! :D
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top