AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm new here and I could be wrong, but I think you have '77 ammo from Barnaul. My 1981 production 5.45 from Tula is stamped 539 81. 539 is Tula's arsenal code; 17 is Barnaul's.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
715 Posts
There is some remanufactured Russian ammo working it's way into the market. It's 70's production Russian copperwashed 7.62x39, with the steelcore bullet pulled and replaced by a all-lead core. A few guys had some in classes I was running last month and it caught my eye immediately because of the copperwash, I thought at first they were using chinese steelcore. One guy was having problems with the bullet getting pushed down into the case, like it had a weak crimp, so look out.
There's some debate as to whether that stuff really did start out as Russian, or actually Chinese, even if it's claimed to be Russian. I got me some of it when prices for the steel cased stuff were unreasonable, and I personally didn't have any feeding problems with it. That being said, its accuracy sucks, and in hindsight I should've just waited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts