AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this isn't a dupe.AIM SURPLUS . I just called an order in for some South African .308 ( 7.62x51 ) $154 a case of 980 rnds Battlepacks in a neat metal container. :grin: If your a Main Battle rifle owner you might want to jump on this. 7.62x51 is getting harder to find and $154 is a very good price for this ammo. Ive shot a couple of battle packs before and it shot well.I got me some M14's G3's and FAL's to feed. :twisted: I actually have about 4 cases of the Port but better to be stocked up than haveing an empty mag... :sad:

They also had advertised Hungarian 7.62x39 . 900 rnds a case FMJ . $89.95 While supplys last. Im sitting on 4-5 cases of Wolf. I had to pass because of the SA ammo purchase.
Hope this helps some folks out. AIM's number is Toll Free. 1-888-748-5252 Cheers WarDawg

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
the end is near ...

ALL SURPLUS AMMO has been the target of the UN and other EVIL forces world-wide for some time now :twisted: its being destroyed , confiscated and turned in everywhere .

witness the 303British situation . untold millions and millions and millions were produced , a NEVER ENDING STORY and yet , now are gone ... save a pocket or two ... here and there ...

if things keep going like this the "END OF SURPLUS AMMO AS WE KNEW IT IS UPPON US ."

:sad:

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up WarDawg! As for the "Dupe Police", I hope we left all of them at the other site.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I called AIM today to order another case of the Hungarian 7.62x39........SOLD OUT! :evil:

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
How much is the shipping on the .308 SA stuff for a can of it?

I just checked on what the ammo boxes weigh.
1260 rounds in 9 battle packs (7 boxes of 20 rounds per pack)
Weight is 81.5 Lbs.

ETA: They are removing 2 battle packs from the case to make the
shipping weight requirements for UPS. These cases of ammo usually
are 1260 rounds. per can (9 battle packs) instead of 980 rounds.
That should make the weight ~65 Lbs.
I imagine UPS would eat you on shipping for this one
if it was over the 70 Lb limit.

KyAKGuy

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
KyAKGuy said:
How much is the shipping on the .308 SA stuff for a can of it?

I just checked on what the ammo boxes weigh.
1260 rounds in 9 battle packs (7 boxes of 20 rounds per pack)
Weight is 81.5 Lbs.

I imagine UPS would eat you on shipping for this one.

KyAKGuy
Thats possible but I've had good luck with the SA 7.62x51 out of my FALs and G3.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Johno,

I wasn't questioning the ammo.. It is great stuff and is all i feed the FAL
right now. The 1919 will get a diet of it too when it is complete.

It sounded like a great deal until i saw that it was only a 980 round
crate of it. I just sold a guy 2 crates of it @ $25 per battle pack + tax.
I cut him a deal because of quantity.
We have been selling alot of it lately.

I checked the AIM website and jumped through the hoops to find that
the shipping is only $15 UPS ground....Not too bad
Makes the final cost $24.15 per battle pack.

KyAKGuy

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
But you're right,shipping on a quantity of 7.62x51 will eat you alive!

Dieter,thanks for the heads up on the SA,I've had good luck with it in the past but I must have had the clean stuff,I'll save my Port for the G3.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
JOHNO said:
I called AIM today to order another case of the Hungarian 7.62x39........SOLD OUT! :evil:
Heads up..that is corrosive ammo.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I don't mind,I've still got three cases of Yugoslavian 7.62x39 and its also corrosive.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
There is nothing to fear from corrosive ammo as long as you clean it thouroughly after use. I shot about 200 rounds of the YUGO stuff
a few weeks ago they through my ADM-65 and it ran great.
Take it apart, clean with Ballistol and water mix, relube, reassemble.
I have checked it for any signs of rust and see nothing...

Id take all i could carry right now.

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to admit I never shot any out of my G3. But my M14's and FAL's ate it up. Thanks for the heads up. They claim the fluted chambers have a harder time with softer brass ingeneral. While Nato ammo should be anealed and such SA isn't nato but I believe it's close anough. IMO.

Yeah the shipping wasn't but like $15 for the case. I guess you have to shipp what UPS will allow on wieght.And just getting the extra battle pack praboly wouldn't be cost affective getting it shipped by itself. Cheers WarDawg

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Dieter, I've shot thousands of rounds of SA surplus out of HK91's and clones, no worries, ever, in my experience.

The ammo with the tar type sealant was some Venezeualan CAVIM ammo.....which is nasty.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Templar said:
Dieter, I've shot thousands of rounds of SA surplus out of HK91's and clones, no worries, ever, in my experience.

The ammo with the tar type sealant was some Venezeualan CAVIM ammo.....which is nasty.
I'LL take a look at it when it gets in.. WarDawg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts